News   Apr 22, 2024
 818     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 280     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 693     0 

The Fountains Of Toronto

Does anyone know what is happening with the fountain at Bell Trinity Center (opposite/outside the indigo at the Eaton Centre)? I saw some municipal employees doing some work there a few weeks ago and thought that they were going to be turning it back on, but alas... no.

Oh silly you, see in Toronto we don't actually feel that fountains should run. That's gravy.

MAYBE the beautiful Salmon Run Fountain will actually be fixed this year??

Tender
ecblank.gif
Call number: 61-2016
Commodity:
Construction Services, Construction Services
Description:
Salmon Run Fountain - Phase 2 Restoration, at Bobbie Rosenfeld Park, 294 Bremner Blvd, Toronto.
Tenders are invited for the Salmon Run Fountain - Phase 2 Restoration, at Bobbie Rosenfeld Park, 294 Bremner Blvd, Toronto.

All questions concerning this Tender should be directed in writing to bduffley@toronto.ca or fax (416) 397-7779.

The last day for questions with respect to this Tender is 3 days before closing time and date. (For further details, refer to Section 2 of the Tender, Item 3. Questions)
Issue date: February 3, 2016
ecblank.gif
Closing date: February 19, 2016
at 12:00 Noon
Notes:
Viewing Copy
pdf.gif
61-2016 Viewing Copy.pdf (13145 Kbytes) - Posted on 02/03/2016 01:34:30 PM
The addenda and/or other files listed above are included with the Call Document purchase price but must be downloaded as separate documents. To view the document, click on its filename. To save it to your workstation, right-click on the document's filename,then select "Save Target As..." (or "Save Link As...").

Pre-bid meeting: Interested bidders are invited to attend the following Mandatory Site Meeting to ascertain the amount of work involved. A Mandatory Site Meeting will take place on February 10, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. local time, on site. Meet with the City representative at Bobbie Rosenfeld Park, 294 Bremner Blvd, Toronto, by the Salmon Run Fountain, east of Rogers Stadium and south of the CN Tower. Site meetings will not be available at any other times.

Bidders must sign in with the City's Representative at the Mandatory Site Meeting during the designated date and time for their bid to be considered.

Bidders submitting Bids that do not attend the Mandatory Site Meeting SHALL be declared non-compliant.

Was there a water feature on the other side of Skydome at one point? The space between the stairs on the West side looks like it once formed a waterfall leading from Blue Jays Way down to Bremner.

Was there a water feature on the other side of Skydome at one point? The space between the stairs on the West side looks like it once formed a waterfall leading from Blue Jays Way down to Bremner.
Yes, and it worked up to about 5 years ago. No doubt MLSE has no $$ to maintain it!

It must have been one of the first ones they turned on this spring. City Hall only turned its on this week. I haven't seen any other downtown fountains on yet.

It must have been one of the first ones they turned on this spring. City Hall only turned its on this week. I haven't seen any other downtown fountains on yet.
Its been on for 2 weeks now! when I first went passed it I thought, well they finally decided winter wasn't coming back and could hit the switch. ever since, I've been counting the days until Queen&University fountains are turned on.

The old fountain at Don Mills Centre:

10264227_780619658674687_3293731971768265690_o.jpg

Anna Coutant

I miss this space and all the greenery.

Back