Carnaby Row and The Carnaby (Streetcar Developments) - Real Estate -

Anyone complete their PDI yet? Got my PDI scheduled for Monday, and was hoping to hear how some of yours went. Also just received my occupancy papers for my lawyer.

Wow that's pretty close to the occupancy date. I would have expected them to give us more time. My PDI will be coming around after yours so let me know how it goes!

Wow that's pretty close to the occupancy date. I would have expected them to give us more time. My PDI will be coming around after yours so let me know how it goes!

I actually called customer care about the PDI because my lawyer contacted me with my occupancy paper work, and I hadn't heard from them. She scheduled me for the Monday cause that was the only day I had free. I asked her why I haven't been contacted yet, and she told me they were starting to make calls....makes me nervous.

Anyone here moved in to PH1 yet? What are your thoughts? I purchased in PH2 and they moved my move-in date to March 1st. Went to "stalk" the building two weekends ago. Looks good, so far. Talked to a purchaser (a couple) who were really pleased with the finishes in their suite and said any concerns from their PDI were addressed.

The Carnaby's actual lobby (looks different to initial renderings, but still pretty)
12088292_10102416684442381_5823198417635641473_n.jpg

carnaby-lobby.jpg

carnaby-lobby-3.jpg

There's a live camera that shows construction updates every 15 mins http://www.ucitonline.com/carnabylofts/

image1.jpg

Anyone here moved in to PH1 yet? What are your thoughts? I purchased in PH2 and they moved my move-in date to March 1st. Went to "stalk" the building two weekends ago. Looks good, so far. Talked to a purchaser (a couple) who were really pleased with the finishes in their suite and said any concerns from their PDI were addressed.

The Carnaby's actual lobby (looks different to initial renderings, but still pretty)
12088292_10102416684442381_5823198417635641473_n.jpg

carnaby-lobby.jpg

carnaby-lobby-3.jpg

There's a live camera that shows construction updates every 15 mins http://www.ucitonline.com/carnabylofts/

image1.jpg

I moved in at the end of August. They have been really good with fixing defects in a timely manner. I only have 2 outstanding which should be done this week sometime.

The quality of workmanship is good, but I also got a bunch of upgrades for free as I bought fairly late. I was not a fan of their standard finishes, especially the kitchen cabinets.

I'm a bit disappointed in the lobby finish, as it seems really dark compared to the colourful rendering, but I can live with it.

All in all, I'm fairly happy.

Reactions: Gea
I moved in at the end of August. They have been really good with fixing defects in a timely manner. I only have 2 outstanding which should be done this week sometime.

The quality of workmanship is good, but I also got a bunch of upgrades for free as I bought fairly late. I was not a fan of their standard finishes, especially the kitchen cabinets.

I'm a bit disappointed in the lobby finish, as it seems really dark compared to the colourful rendering, but I can live with it.

All in all, I'm fairly happy.
That's great! I liked the standard finishes for PH2 a lot - I chose the black hi-gloss kitchen. Glad to hear your experience was good - I'm excited to move-in - we will be neighbours soon, then!

I'm also disappointed that the lobby doesn't represent the renderings at all. Not even a little bit. It is looks ok in my opinion but to stray so far from what they originally represented is upsetting.

The workmanship for the most part have been good and any defects have been addresses quite promptly. I've been pleased with that process.

Absolutely none of the amenities are ready and from what I hear, that's totally expected with pre-constructions. When all is said and done, I feel that the development will be a good one!

I'm also disappointed that the lobby doesn't represent the renderings at all. Not even a little bit. It is looks ok in my opinion but to stray so far from what they originally represented is upsetting.

The workmanship for the most part have been good and any defects have been addresses quite promptly. I've been pleased with that process.

Absolutely none of the amenities are ready and from what I hear, that's totally expected with pre-constructions. When all is said and done, I feel that the development will be a good one!
Hopefully they will add some seating in the lobby. I was told that there will also be a lobby in the "Row", but that this is the main one...I asked the security guard and he was telling me that it will have a separate lobby of some sort (and that floors 3 and 11 will have doors connected to tower 1).

That's great that the workmanship is good. I am very happy with the finishes I chose and I can't wait to see them in person once everything is ready.

You're right about the amenities being done later on...that's pretty typical...I hope the gym will be a good size...I plan to use it...hopefully there is decent floor space and some weights and not just cardio machines. Also, excited for the Metro going in (hopefully summer of 2016? not sure).

I've been following the construction progress of The Carnaby and The Carlaw as I purchased a unit in The Taylor. Even though I don't live in either of those two buildings, I was quite surprised and disappointed that both building lobbies look nothing like the renderings. I think the Carnaby turned out nicer than the Carlaw.

Here's the rendering:
The-Carlaw-Big-City-Realtor-4-.jpg

Here's the finished product:
e3348166_13.jpg

Anyone from either The Carlaw or The Carnaby know WHY there's such a departure from their lobby renderings? I know the fine print says to not take the renderings seriously and that common areas could change.. but c'mon!

This is what builders do. I hope purchasers win their lawsuit against freed for fashion house's lobby. Maybe it will force builders to produce a finished product that looks like the marketing renderings. Good to hear that workmanship is good. I'm typically hard on streetcar but willing to give them credit where credit is due.

I've been following the construction progress of The Carnaby and The Carlaw as I purchased a unit in The Taylor. Even though I don't live in either of those two buildings, I was quite surprised and disappointed that both building lobbies look nothing like the renderings. I think the Carnaby turned out nicer than the Carlaw.

Here's the rendering:
The-Carlaw-Big-City-Realtor-4-.jpg

Here's the finished product:
e3348166_13.jpg

Anyone from either The Carlaw or The Carnaby know WHY there's such a departure from their lobby renderings? I know the fine print says to not take the renderings seriously and that common areas could change.. but c'mon!

My gosh, the Carlaw lobby is fugly.... Definitely upsetting that the lobby at the Carnaby did not turn out nearly like the rendering, but glad the finished product is decent looking.

Hey all - for those of you who have moved into The Carnaby phase 1, would you mind giving me an idea of how much your interim occupancy fees are? I want to get an idea. Do you know if all 3 buildings will be registered together (Carnaby, Row, TWENTY) or separately? I have my final occupancy date (April)...4 month delay, not too bad.

Hi Gea,

It depends on your unit, how much you purchased it for and how much you put down. I have clients in phase 1 that are paying around $1150 a month for a 600 sqft unit that they bought with 20% down.

I think each building will be registered separately. Your move date is firm, but still may change.

Hi Gea,

It depends on your unit, how much you purchased it for and how much you put down. I have clients in phase 1 that are paying around $1150 a month for a 600 sqft unit that they bought with 20% down.

I think each building will be registered separately. Your move date is firm, but still may change.
Thank you! That helps. I was just told it's 1% of pp for property taxes + condo fees + 3.5% interest on money still owed.

Back