L Tower Condos (Cityzen, Castlepoint Realty, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

I'm not a lawyer either, but understood it applied to all common areas. But I may be mistaken. It's hard to be outraged and to make overly-broad and inflammatory statements like "they should sue, sue, sue!" if you are going to have the temerity to respond with facts and practical considerations. :)

Hello Folks,
It's been a while since i posted but i recently read a few post regarding the crane and PDI etc.
First of all if you think the crane is going anywhere soon think again. Read this lovely article:
http://issuu.com/metro_canada/docs/20151123_ca_toronto/5?e=0

Regarding PDI, make sure and document EVERYTHING, we did our PDI in may and we are still waiting on them to fix some of the items. I actually did a lot of the cosmetics stuff myself, can't live in a home with green tape all over the walls...it's kind of spooky at might.
As for Cityzen customer service, good luck with them, they are the most incompetent bunch of people I have ever had the opportunity to cross paths with.
There word especially Nick is as useful as tits on a bull.
Get everything in writing and do not take their word as a guarantee, there is something call trust that most of us good folks abide by but I do not trust any of them as far as i can throw them...(which is not very far since i am a small person...lol)
As for Tarion, don't waste your time..that organization is supposed to protect the home buyers but if you think you will get any satisfaction from them....it will cost you..yes a fee is involved.
How about the fee you paid when you closed that is a very expensive piece of paper that's all.
If anyone has gone to Tarion and got their deficiencies repaired we would love to know.

I know a lot of negativity but this building and it's lackies are unbelievable. We are so turned off from this place you can't imagine.
Hey how about this one, I will list my PDI, 30 day deficiencies on the 1 year form...lol
I think it will probably take them the same amount of time to build the building to get our deficiencies repaired.
Sorry guys, we have to laugh a bit or you will go insane dealing with these folks.

I did finally get my hydro bill, it's actually from powerstream from what i was told they are handling the hydro portion so you will not get a bill directly from toronto hydro, but who knows if that will change.
I lady i spoke to wasn't to confident in her answers so you never know.

One last thing, i wanted to bring a heavy box from my suite to my car and asked if i could drive into the loading docks since it was POURING rain outside. i was told i need a bank draft or certified cheque for $350 and then i needed to book the loading dock....WTF.
I ended up putting it on a cart and rolling it over to the parking lot, got a good soaking myself and my stuff.

Next time i want to bring something to my car I will check with the weather channel to make sure i can drag it outside...madness i tell you.
I am all for people being accountable for damages to the common elements since we all end up paying for it, but this is a bit ridiculous don't you think.
Will post again once i feel better, have to go to the doctors to get medicine for my cold, which i most likely got from dragging my box in the rain.

good luck to all

One last thing, i wanted to bring a heavy box from my suite to my car and asked if i could drive into the loading docks since it was POURING rain outside. i was told i need a bank draft or certified cheque for $350 and then i needed to book the loading dock....WTF.
I ended up putting it on a cart and rolling it over to the parking lot, got a good soaking myself and my stuff.

Next time i want to bring something to my car I will check with the weather channel to make sure i can drag it outside...madness i tell you.
I am all for people being accountable for damages to the common elements since we all end up paying for it, but this is a bit ridiculous don't you think.
Will post again once i feel better, have to go to the doctors to get medicine for my cold, which i most likely got from dragging my box in the rain.

good luck to all
although not official, a lot of people have been using the tunnel in B3 to get to the parking garage underground. It leads you to Level D.

Also, i think the people who are throwing cig butts out are mostly renters who don't give a damn

Yeah that would have been nice but unfortunately as you said it's not official and it was closed at the time so that didn't help.

Anyone got a good closet person (reasonable price)?

Thank you.

Hello Folks,
I did finally get my hydro bill, it's actually from powerstream from what i was told they are handling the hydro portion so you will not get a bill directly from toronto hydro, but who knows if that will change.
I lady i spoke to wasn't to confident in her answers so you never know.

good luck to all

Hi Trini2dbone,

Thanks for the posting of the crane info ... I think we will be seeing that crane will into next summer :(

Can I ask you... how did you find out about your hydro bill ... did you get a letter in the mail ... or did you have to call someone ?

Thanks

Passed by this building the other day and couldn't believe the lobby is completely unfinished. It's just drywall. What is the reason for that?

Passed by this building the other day and couldn't believe the lobby is completely unfinished. It's just drywall. What is the reason for that?
Presumably the same incompetence or lack of care that has resulted in the crane still being there, the NW corner of the building remaining unfinished and the general lack of finishing things off. (e.g. The missing trim etc along the Yonge Street sidewalk and the lack of the glass over the sidewalk and the failure to get the streetlight put back.) Would YOU buy something from these people?

Presumably the same incompetence or lack of care that has resulted in the crane still being there, the NW corner of the building remaining unfinished and the general lack of finishing things off. (e.g. The missing trim etc along the Yonge Street sidewalk and the lack of the glass over the sidewalk and the failure to get the streetlight put back.) Would YOU buy something from these people?

I wasn't buying anything from these guys long before this crane mess happened. I'd be steaming if I bought here.

They had a water leak on 5 I think ... so the the developer have to redo the entire lobby

I was in the building yesterday and they were working on the lobby.... looks much better without all the scaffolding ; )
I also noticed the elevator areas were cleaned up and finished which is progress from the last time I was in there.
GYM is open and pool to be opened soon.

Hi Wolf,
When we closed there was a form I signed relating to hydro, unfortunately I cannot remember the company but I called them and they were the ones who directed me to powerstream.
Powerstream is the one who are handling the electricity billing for the units.
Here is the number if you need to contact them:
Power stream energy services:
1-855-952-5280

Back