News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 809     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

2015 Federal Election

I am no fan of C-51, but the Liberal candidate in my riding stands the best chance of beating the CPC incumbent.

Rather waste your vote with NDP, end up splitting the vote and having conservatives win again who created bill c-51 I the first place ?!

The Liberal platform has become so much more than just C-51 and weed now.
Best I can tell from the Lib/NDP/Con ads and media editorials, Trudeau's about C-51, weed, hair, winter coats and citizenship for terrorists, readiness to lead, increased taxes and Robin Hood-like income redistribution. Of course most of that is the bunk we hear on MSM, but that's the Trudeau narrative we've been receiving.

At least if he wins we'll know upfront what he's going to do. I think I'm voting Dipper or Con this time around, likely the former.

Yes, people need to vote strategically to make the Conservatives go away!
Not going to happen. http://www.thestar.com/opinion/comm...-has-no-fear-of-strategic-voting-hepburn.html

And it's not needed, provided Trudeau and Muclair combined have sufficient votes to run a majority coalition. That is the biggest fear for the Cons - if the Liberals and NDP combined win 51 % of all the seats, meaning a true and feasible two party coalition.

The Cons today hold 166 or 54% of the seats going in. If they lose just a few seats, and the BQ/Greens stay in the weeds, we may very well see the rise of the Liberal-Democrat government.

Liberals-NDP-Merged-Logo-Sized.jpg

All said and done, this is a very exciting time to be a citizen of Canada.

Last edited:
The CPC has 159 seats at the moment, thanks to some vacancies and people kicked out of the party.

Can the two parties really get along, or will this be like some coalition in Greece that falls apart?

Last edited:
In a now deleted tweet, Jason Kenney implied that anyone with an accent wasn't really Canadian.

I fully expect the Conservatives to be shut out in Newfoundland again.

Alison Crawford @alisoncrawford5
Federal Court of Appeal has denied the federal government's request for a stay in last month's ruling on Zunera Ishaq's #niqab #elxn42

Wait for the outrage.

Last edited:
The CPC has 159 seats at the moment, thanks to some vacancies and people kicked out of the party.

Can the two parties really get along, or will this be like some coalition in Greece that falls apart?
That's right, they're down to a very thin majority now.

I'd think the Libs and NDP can get along fine enough, given the alternative. One is PM, the other Deputy PM or Finance Minister.

Thanks to the wonders of technology, this tweet will live forever!

I'd think the Libs and NDP can get along fine enough, given the alternative. One is PM, the other Deputy PM or Finance Minister.

If that could last four years, it would be great!

ETA:

Kenney actually replied to me on Twitter!

Attachments

• jkenn2.jpg
    jkenn2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
In a now deleted tweet, Jason Kenney implied that anyone with an accent wasn't really Canadian.

I fully expect the Conservatives to be shut out in Newfoundland again.

Wait for the outrage.

Thanks to the wonders of technology, this tweet will live forever!

Think what you will about Kenney...hate him if you choose to....I am not defending him or his record.....but to suggest that he (anyone) complimenting an 11 year old for learning a new language in a year to a high level is tantamount to suggesting anyone with an accent isn't really Canadian just shows (IMO) what you think of him and how biased your outlook is.

The wording was very bad and only having 140 characters to use helped. His history with race based comments makes this stand out though. This also isn't the first time he has looked bad on social media.

So an tentative Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement has been reached. Any guesses on how long before this tentative deal starts influencing the election numbers?
All it will do is prove out that old Kim Campbell saying "The election is not a time to discuss serious issues."

Trade agreements are very complex and, likely, Canada (and all parties to the treaty, really) will win in some areas and lose in others.....but 3 party leaders (2 of which can't possibly know what is in the agreement) will try to nut it down to 15 second sound bites that appeal to their bases.

Already seeing Mulcair suggesting that it is just another area where Trudeau supports Harper and see Trudeau is painting Mulcair as a protectionist anti-trade person.

Certainly the markets spoke loudly today about their initial thoughts on it......Canadian and American markets were up strongly on the signing and the Canadian dollar had a very good day to close near 76.5 cents American. But, Mulcair will paint it as "bad", Harper will say it is "good" and Trudeau will say "we will need to study it".

Back