News   Apr 19, 2024
 4     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 441     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 776     3 

Leslieville / Studio District

AAA Bar opened this past weekend

This is unusual: Dundas St East is lined with garages instead of buildings. I can't think of any other major street with the same build form. How did this happen?

Screen shot 2015-12-25 at 2.30.46 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-12-25 at 2.30.46 AM.png
    Screen shot 2015-12-25 at 2.30.46 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 888
The Burger King at Leslie and Lakeshore is getting renovated. I'm going out on a limb and predicting it's going to be a Starbucks with a patio to service the MGT bike crowd along with a drive-thru for the commuters.

Not sure but have to ask: Are there any Starbucks with drive-thrus?

I wonder if there's enough bike traffic all year round for a patio. I also have to wonder how much walk-by traffic there is.

Seems to me it's ripe for a Tim's. The one across the street shares with Wendy's and has a messed-up drive thru IMO.

It's more viable for a Swiss Chalet IMO. Family-oriented for all the new Leslieville demographics, and easy pick-up for working parents on their way home.

Just thinking out loud here.

Lots of Starbucks with drive-thru in the US and a bunch out in the 'burbs (Oakville, etc.). I could also see it being a Tim's as you are correct in saying the shared Tims/Wendy's is a mess when it comes to the drive-thru. Mostly it's the stucco/appearance so far that has me thinking Starbucks. The patio thought is because the little Starbucks in the Canadian Tire across the street has a small one and I assume that they'd keep that if they moved locations.

Shouldn't be too long until signage goes up based on the progress over the last few weeks.

Lots of Starbucks with drive-thru in the US and a bunch out in the 'burbs (Oakville, etc.). I could also see it being a Tim's as you are correct in saying the shared Tims/Wendy's is a mess when it comes to the drive-thru. Mostly it's the stucco/appearance so far that has me thinking Starbucks. The patio thought is because the little Starbucks in the Canadian Tire across the street has a small one and I assume that they'd keep that if they moved locations.

Shouldn't be too long until signage goes up based on the progress over the last few weeks.

Its a Starbucks. (confirmed)

Building Permit app is here.

http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/details.do?folderRsn=3858302

It's more viable for a Swiss Chalet IMO. Family-oriented for all the new Leslieville demographics, and easy pick-up for working parents on their way home.
The problem with that is that the very same demographic wouldn't be caught dead in a Swiss Chalet.

I live literally a stones throw from the mural - I'm fine with either #1 or #3

But at a push I'd go with #3

Back