Richmond Hill 9218 Yonge | ?m | 42s | Taheri | Icon

I saw the Application notice went up here today. This is going to be a very dense corner.
I'm sure still a work in progress but I like this design.

9218-yonge-street-2.jpg

Attachments

• 9218-yonge-street-2.jpg
    9218-yonge-street-2.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 1,326
Last edited:
"Out there" doesn't necessarily translate into something good. I think this is ugly, though, yes, it does at least try to be different.

"Out there" doesn't necessarily translate into something good. I think this is ugly, though, yes, it does at least try to be different.
You think this is ugly? What makes these buildings ugly? The colour of the glass is rather boring but the design is interesting and unique for the GTA. The podium is not that good but I appreciate the attempt to do something that's not a typical box. If the materials are decent this development will be attractive.

Last edited:
I like it too. Maybe a little too squat and stubby - I think if the floor plates were a wee bit smaller but if each segment had another story, added it would look more svelte.

It also needs to meet the sidewalk in a more urban fashion but this is the suburbs. Too bad we haven't started to get serious about making the suburbs more pedestrian friendly.

How about 10 floors taller, or is Richmond Hill not in that league yet?

Richmond Hill Official Plan policies are in place (defended at OMB) that caps Yonge Street corridor to maximum 15 storeys ... except at development 'nodes' (ie: Yonge/7, Yonge/16) that allows up to 25 storeys I think

Back