Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Last I checked there's some pretty nifty looking emergency exits. But I'm not sure how many have been completed yet.

IMO the best way to avoid confusion is to adopt a simple classification. So rather than having a dozen ambiguously-identified "lines" presented as if each offered the same service and which are left for the rider to figure out what's what, we'd have different classes. Possibly similar to Germany - i.e S-Bahn (e.g SmartTrack), U-Bahn (Lines 1-4), Stadtbahn (Line 5 Crosstown), Tram (501-512, Line 6 FWLRT). But whatever, this discussion obviously crops up from time to time and means very little.

The best way is to build it on an 8km long bridge then it would meet all of the necessary permits and we could show it on the subway maps.

YUS extension is a subway....right? How is the construction of it going? Or is that too far off topic for this thread ;)
After they renamed the line the Yonge-University line, there is no more Spadina subway, so discussing the University subway extension would indeed be off-topic.

Fortunately no one appears to have dared discuss that here recently.

I got some video of the constriction in Wilson yard today as I passed by it well I was out earlier today.

and I also got a picture looking at the tail tracks at Downsview (soon to be Shepherd West) Station.
21086964302_e9de481a42_z_d.jpg

Do they still call it Downsview?

If they were smart, they would have dropped the Downsview name as soon as they made the decision. That way the Downsview name would have been forgotten (over the 3 or 4 years) before the new Downsview opens to avoid confusion.
Do they expect one day that station at Dufferin to be called Downsview and the next day the station at Barrie GO to be Downsview and for people not to be confused.

It's simply going to be a bit confusing, but people will manage I'm sure. Other systems handle such stuff fine.

Look at London; they currently have 7 Acton stations: Acton Town, Acton Central, Acton Main Line (formerly just called Acton, but it got renamed to avoid confusion), Acton East, North Acton, South Acton, West Acton. And there was an eighth: Chiswick Park (formerly Acton Green).

It's simply going to be a bit confusing, but people will manage I'm sure. Other systems handle such stuff fine.

Look at London; they currently have 7 Acton stations: Acton Town, Acton Central, Acton Main Line (formerly just called Acton, but it got renamed to avoid confusion), Acton East, North Acton, South Acton, West Acton. And there was an eighth: Chiswick Park (formerly Acton Green).

And we have Dundas, Dundas West, Eglinton, Eglinton West, etc., and it seems to be fine. However I think the downsview station is substantially different than that. They aren't adding in a second station, they're getting rid of the current downsview name on that station and adding a name including the word "downsview" to a new station one stop further. And they're doing it simultaneously--one day that station is Downsview, the next day it's Sheppard West and the following (new) one is Downsview Park...I think that's materially different from something like Eglinton and Eglinton West when that extension was built, because there, Eglinton kept its name.

For what it's worth I absolutely concur that Downsview should have been renamed Sheppard West the very day they made the decision--going to tweet brad, actually, ask if there's even a slight possibility they could still do it now. IMO would be immeasurably helpful to the masses--still 1 year 3 months out from scheduled opening yet alone the delays I think we all know will occur. Shame they didn't think of it when they reprinted the TR maps so recently...

Back