News   Apr 23, 2024
 484     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 383     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 632     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Both Pulp Kitchen & Silk Road on the Danforth have closed..a new restaurant called Hunters serving souvlaki & pizza will be opening up though in the old Home Hardware spot

That new concept KFC ("KFC Fresh" I think it was?) on Yonge, between Charles and Bloor, has reverted back to its former KFC/Taco Bell combination. I guess the new concept must not have been attracting customers... Anyone ever notice how busy it was?

That new concept KFC ("KFC Fresh" I think it was?) on Yonge, between Charles and Bloor, has reverted back to its former KFC/Taco Bell combination. I guess the new concept must not have been attracting customers... Anyone ever notice how busy it was?
I heard it was awful. Now if only they'd bring back Taco Bell back to Yonge/Richmond area. I know it's unhealthy and nowhere near authentic, but I just love the Fries Supreme once in a while.

As a once-a-week regular to that Taco Bell, I checked it out after it reopened as Fresh. While it certainly looked nice (and they'd clearly borrowed from Chipotle in terms of aesthetics and presentation), the food was incredibly bland. It was as if they had some advanced technological process to remove any trace of flavour before the food was served. Very disappointing. I never went back.

I went once out of curiosity too, and yes, that was enough. It was edible, but there was no real reason to return in a city that offers so many things the actually appeal to the senses.

haven't been in this thread for a while.....so I will apologize if this is old news....Big Daddy's on King near Simcoe is being replaced in September by a Lone Star.

GOOD! I ate there once and it was the worst Burrito I have ever had. They loaded that thing with beans and rice but not much else. That's what I get for going to KFC for a Burrito.

Bistro 243, at King and Sherbourne, has closed. An Italian restaurant will open at that location.

haven't been in this thread for a while.....so I will apologize if this is old news....Big Daddy's on King near Simcoe is being replaced in September by a Lone Star.
That's two short blocks north of the Lone Star in Simcoe Place. I wonder if it is closing then? Personally, I think Lone Star is more at home on Front, than on King W.

Lone Star isn't totally out if place in this part of King (especially with Elephant and Castle next door), but would be totally out of place at say, King and Portland. I would imagine some other sort of chain restaurant would replace them on Front St if they are indeed moving (which makes sense if they are up the street to King)

Perhaps Lone Star is opening some new concept that they're turning one of the restaurants into? I agree that those two are too close to each other. It's not like they're Starbucks or Tim Horton's.

The rest of the small strip mall where Guu is located, on Church Street, is under construction. Does anyone know if Guu is expanding to the rest of the building?

Back