News   Apr 19, 2024
 605     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 619     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 

2015 Federal Election

That is incredibly early.

Can't help but think the PCs would suffer heavily if an election were called for next week.

If the election is before October19th, I agree that the voters would not be happy.

We have been in campaign mode for months now so I think that actual date it is called will be irrelevant.

Compared to the Provincial election it will be nice to not have third party advertising. Now each party will have to own the adds that appear on TV and print.

I know. I have a terrible habit of it, even got called out by classmates during some presentation one time for continuously calling them the PCs.

I'm well aware that these corporatist Harper Conservatives are nothing like the Bill Davis style progressive conservatives.

This may hurt Conservative numbers.

Anonymous tweets info about why Harper's Foreign Minister John Baird resigned:

Massive, if true. 2 MSM journos tell us they've developed similar (not identical) story for months. #CCLeaks #cdnpoli

Attachments

• CLMbeXiWUAAO_jj.png
    CLMbeXiWUAAO_jj.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 185
  • CLMbfpQWwAEZxfY.png
    CLMbfpQWwAEZxfY.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 176
I have been reading about that. It would be a bigger scandal than anything before it.

I'm thinking not so much the sex scandal itself, but if Harper knew about Mossad's involvement in it (and he must have, if mid-level functionaries exchanged emails about it) and still supported Israel 100% without question, what does that imply about a 'deal' between the Harper government and Israel? Perhaps in exchange for Israel keeping silent about what Canada's Foreign Minister did (on video) in Israel, Harper takes every opportunity to publicly support whatever illegal actions Israel takes? That's the kind of thing that brings down governments when they come out. Maybe not in Canada, though.

I'm thinking not so much the sex scandal itself, but if Harper knew about Mossad's involvement in it (and he must have, if mid-level functionaries exchanged emails about it) and still supported Israel 100% without question, what does that imply about a 'deal' between the Harper government and Israel? Perhaps in exchange for Israel keeping silent about what Canada's Foreign Minister did (on video) in Israel, Harper takes every opportunity to publicly support whatever illegal actions Israel takes? That's the kind of thing that brings down governments when they come out. Maybe not in Canada, though.

I would not care at all, nor would anyone really apart from the dregs of the Conservatives' base in rural BC, Alberta and Ontario, if it was just Baird caught in an Israeli club. But with children? Palestinian children? And Mossad involved? Wow.

Hopefully all the pieces are in place mid-September. Combine that with the Duffy trial, and that should hopefully shut them out of even minority territory.

I would not care at all, nor would anyone really apart from the dregs of the Conservatives' base in rural BC, Alberta and Ontario, if it was just Baird caught in an Israeli club. But with children? Palestinian children? And Mossad involved? Wow.

Hopefully all the pieces are in place mid-September. Combine that with the Duffy trial, and that should hopefully shut them out of even minority territory.
Maybe this is why Harper would want a snap election sooner than October.

We Canadians (used to) pride ourselves on having democracy and freedom. Now we are being observed by the same people who are critical of dictators!

CP24 @CP24
BREAKING: Prime Minister's itinerary tomorrow includes meeting with David Johnston at 9:55 a.m. and is expected to trigger early election.

Last edited:

Back