News   Apr 18, 2024
 506     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 3.9K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.2K     4 

Harbourfront

A new 24 hour Tim Hortons has opened on Queen's Quay, in the west corner of the Radisson Hotel. It was quite busy yesterday. Every week there seems to be a new Tim Hortons opening in the downtown core. One just opened on Jarvis, behind the market and another one is planned for lower Church Street, just 2 blocks away. Soon there will be one on every corner.

Last edited:
A new 24 hour Tim Hortons has opened on Queen's Quay, in the west corner of the Radisson Hotel. It was quite busy yesterday. Every week there seems to be a new Tim Hortons opening in the downtown core. One just opened on Jarvis, behind the market and another one is planned for lower Church Street, just 2 blocks away. Soon there will be one on every corner.
I think the one that might have gone into the Berczy (on Church) is not going forward but they do seem to be springing up everywhere. If only they devotes more time to improving their offerings!

They're just trying to keep up with all the Starbucks opening on every corner :)

I hadn't realized that one was 24 hr, but yes, every time I have gone by it has been busy.

They're just trying to keep up with all the Starbucks opening on every corner :)

I hadn't realized that one was 24 hr, but yes, every time I have gone by it has been busy.

Well, Starbucks is playing keep up too. A Starbucks is coming to Queens Quay/Spadina where Coffee Time was.

I hear that one has been delayed again -- they've posted a couple of opening dates, but so far it is still closed (or it looked that way as of last night). I'd heard there was an issue with hydro or something. Does anyone have updates? (I know people who are very eager for this to open!)

Anyone know what the black bird is? Doesn't look like a duck.
It's a cormorant and the video was not shot recently. I walked past the basin a few days ago and it was pretty clean.

The basin is cleaned by the Ports Toronto skimmer-boat and last year it could not get into the basin due to the work on the bridge. (They have also now installed a 'boom' across the entrance that should prevent a lot of 'stuff' getting into the basin in the first place. There is lots wrong with our City but lets' not go overboard!

It's a cormorant and the video was not shot recently. I walked past the basin a few days ago and it was pretty clean.

The basin is cleaned by the Ports Toronto skimmer-boat and last year it could not get into the basin due to the work on the bridge. (They have also now installed a 'boom' across the entrance that should prevent a lot of 'stuff' getting into the basin in the first place. There is lots wrong with our City but lets' not go overboard!

The video was shot last summer. I was by there recently and yes, it has been cleaned up. Well, it's still not properly cleaned but it's much better than last year. Maple Leaf apartments needs to hire somebody to clean out that basin once a month.

Last edited:

Back