Ïce Condos (Lanterra Developments, Cadillac Fairview) - Real Estate -

The building will be falling apart in 5 years like many other Lanterra developments. Probably top 3 worst developer in the city IMO. Cut corner after corner.

And they keep building. LOL.

They got goooood lots. 55-65 Bremner wasn't a bad build by em. I'm just happy my clients got the best floor plan in Ice.

They got goooood lots. 55-65 Bremner wasn't a bad build by em. I'm just happy my clients got the best floor plan in Ice.

Yes. They get great locations, pretty nice looking designs/exteriors, the inside is a mess, though.

I looked at the 50th floor south facing unit on Ice 1 with great lake view.

However, it seems like 8 & 10 York is popping up with 60+ floors. The view will for sure be obstructed. Can someone confirm?

Ice 1 south views will not be obstructed directly south by the tridel building. I have a high floor unit in ice1 and can see all the way to the hammer on a clear day..and over waterclub

Ice 2 south units and mls will have the tridel tower in their face as the tower is on the east corner of the lot.

Anyone know when is the closing date for Phase 2 about floor 35? I am concerned about the Occupancy phase hoping its not too long. How much is the occupancy fee per month?

Also, what does the maintenace fee include? Does it include water, heater, and AC? Hope these are not metered seperately. Hydro will definitely be extra.

Also, how much is the Development fee usually? Is it payable upon closing or occupancy? Are there any extra fees upon closing?

Sorry for lots of question, I am buying an assignment but the selling agent dont even know these things.

Thank you!!

Anyone know when is the closing date for Phase 2 about floor 35? I am concerned about the Occupancy phase hoping its not too long. How much is the occupancy fee per month?

Also, what does the maintenace fee include? Does it include water, heater, and AC? Hope these are not metered seperately. Hydro will definitely be extra.

Also, how much is the Development fee usually? Is it payable upon closing or occupancy? Are there any extra fees upon closing?

Sorry for lots of question, I am buying an assignment but the selling agent dont even know these things.

Thank you!!

It should all be part of the condo doc's that you got your lawyer to review. I'd check with your lawyer or better yet, just read the purchase agreement with all the schedules..
There are different fees, depending on the year when it took effect:
Education Levies about $4.5k
Development Charges - 1 bdrm about $5k
Development Charges - 2 bdrm about $8k
but your agreement might have capped all of that at $5k

and seriously? He doesn't know?
https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourcei...e=UTF-8#q=city of toronto development charges

for reference, see:
http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/c...nnel=a90b285441f71410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD

Sounds like you need a buyer agent that understands assignments. Ice 2 was sold in 2009 and is subject to HST on final closing which could run you an additional 25-35k at final closing if you are an investor. Ice 1 units that were sold in 2008 are under the grandfathered GST which is a fraction of the above costs. Just one of many things one needs to understand with assignments. Condo George is one of the very few that really knows the fine details of assignments.

Thank you!!

Sounds like you need a buyer agent that understands assignments. Ice 2 was sold in 2009 and is subject to HST on final closing which could run you an additional 25-35k at final closing if you are an investor. Ice 1 units that were sold in 2008 are under the grandfathered GST which is a fraction of the above costs. Just one of many things one needs to understand with assignments. Condo George is one of the very few that really knows the fine details of assignments.

This shilling is a bit much.

Have you guys actually been inside? I just bought an assignment sale and to my surprise the interior sucks!! Such a plain vanilla everything with terribly cheap decor and materials. Whats up with the paper-like tiles, plain white paints on the walls, short ceiling hallways, just like a motel.

Have you guys actually been inside? I just bought an assignment sale and to my surprise the interior sucks!! Such a plain vanilla everything with terribly cheap decor and materials. Whats up with the paper-like tiles, plain white paints on the walls, short ceiling hallways, just like a motel.

It is rather unfortunate but the low grade finishes are really of no surprise and consistent with Lanterra's past completed projects .... hopefully you got to see what you are buying before signing

They might look nice in photos...but when you are inside you feel the terribly cheap materials and decor

They don't look that nice in photos either. Lanterra is quite possibly the biggest offender of cheapish interiors out of all of the major developers. Go look at their last 5+ projects. Some of the most basic and cheapest interiors you'll see. However, they usually do a good job with the exteriors.

Back