Toronto Eau du Soleil Condos | 227.98m | 66s | Empire | Richmond Architects

Does anybody know why the delay. Have they not sold enough units?
They must still have lots of units unsold for such a large Sales Center.
I am disappointed to wait another 4 years to move in.

Take solace in the fact that this sales centre is not on the site of the building, but beside it. This is where you'll no doubt sit down to make your selection of finishes, etc. at some point. For such a huge project, I am not surprised in the slightest that they have spent this kind of cash.

Two more, from yesterday.

P1430151.jpg

P1430152.jpg

Nothing new really, but in better light, and on a new page.

Attachments

• P1430151.jpg
    P1430151.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 3,211
  • P1430152.jpg
    P1430152.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 3,188
Thanks for the photos 42. Are you aware if any permitting is still outstanding or the builder just wants/needs to sell more units before starting to dig?

Does anyone know what happens to the people who have bought floors 62 to 65 now that
the first tower has been shortened to 63 floors.
How are they going to resolve that? Do they move those people to the water tower's top 3 floors
or pay them off or move everybody down 3 floors. My nephew who works for the conservatory group say
that if they move everybody, then it gives everybody a legal excuse to get out of the deal.
So that is not likely to happen. I bought on floor 58 and I do not want to be moved down.
Thanks 42. You enlightened me as to why they need such a plush sales office. There are over
1000 condos here. They will have a model suite that is done extremely well. But everything you pick
will be an upgrade, from floors, to tiles, to cabinets. The upsell will net them lots of money.
I have bought a condo before and this is what happened. You spend another 10 to 20 thousand
even though you thought you had bought a plush condo.

I'm sorry, I don't know if they have their various permits yet. At least the site no longer has a sales centre on it, so in that regard they can think of fencing and then starting to shore and dig.

The Humber Bay Shores Association and Councillor Mark Grimes have secured the Eau du Soleil presentation centre as a new community centre for the area after it is no longer needed by Empire Communities for condo purposes in about 3 years. Word is that it will be "rebuilt" in some fashion, maybe moved slightly? We shall see - I don't believe there's a final design for the public park ground that it is sitting on yet.

Just a quick update on this project:

-An insider Frankie Flowerpot on Skyscraper Forum has confirmed the final heights for this project. Sky Tower is 216.1m (709ft), and the water tower is 178.75m (586ft). Apparently he has seen the drawings. He's very reliable so I would consider this fact. The developer plans to start digging in 6 weeks, and both towers will be built at the same time.

Just a quick update on this project:

-An insider Frankie Flowerpot on Skyscraper Forum has confirmed the final heights for this project. Sky Tower is 216.1m (709ft), and the water tower is 178.75m (586ft). Apparently he has seen the drawings. He's very reliable so I would consider this fact. The developer plans to start digging in 6 weeks, and both towers will be built at the same time.

Chester Copperpot on UT is the same person I think, isn't he?

So March, that's good news, thanks for that.

Last edited:
Construction

I called the sales office the other day. They said that construction would start in the month of May.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started
http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/details.do?folderRsn=3739778
TORONTO ON M8V 1A1

Ward 6: Etobicoke-Lakeshore

Application#: 15 150343 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: May 1, 2015

Project: Multiple-Use Building New Building

Description: Proposal for two mixed use condominium towers, 66 & 49 stories, linked at the based, with a total of 1258 units.

Applicant is seeking to following increases from the OMB approval (decision attached):
  • 3 floors for Tower A (OMB approved as 63 storeys),
  • 2780m2 of GFA,
  • 10m height for Tower A, and
  • 2m increase in mechanical penthouses for both towers.

Variance hearing is June 4, 2015
http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...tion=init&folderRsn=3731261&isCofASearch=true

Last edited:
Wow. This is going to be taller than expected. I think 229m now for the sky tower?

They did agree to put all parking underground (vs some in a three story parking structure between the towers and lakeshore) so they do have leverage...

Back