2.7K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.8K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't even know what it's about yet, but it needs to happen at the exact same time as the arts debate Rob declined to attend.

But, y'know, Rob doesn't know what he's done to offend so many people.

AM640 ‏@am640 7m
Mayor will address media at 2p. No info other than "Mayor Ford is committed to putting taxpayers first." #TOpoli

This SHOULD be the Presser that the Media boycotts to send a message.

Elizabeth Church ‏@lizchurchto 1m
"I'm shaking in my boots, Doug Ford says of notice of suit from Police Chief Blair in running scrum. #topoli pic.twitter.com/YLLHY6qVgn

At the risk of sounding redundant, Doug's a real asshole.

Doug will do exactly what Rob did with Daniel Dale. He will double down on the libel 5 or 6 times. He will use the media to get his message out again and again. At the last minute, he will read a statement retracting everything. Ford Nation will remember the 5 or 6 times he claimed it was political and the Chief was out to get him. The apology will get lost in the shuffle.

Methinks Blair might prove a more tenacious foe than Daniel Dale. I don't blame Dale in the least for not wanting to get mired in a long, dragged-out and ugly court case against vicious human garbage like the Fords. Life's too short, and he had better things to do with his time. But some people place revenge and retribution higher on their priority lists, and you don't rise to the point Blair did within the Toronto Police by being a cream puff. Thug may well have bitten off more than he can chew this time. One can hope.

I am thinking this as well. Wouldn't a bomb threat for diversion come after today's subpeona article?

Was there any way they could have gotten advance warning about Blair's legal action? I mean, if they pulled the bomb scare stunt in the immediate aftemath of Blair's notice being served, there's no way that wouldn't look suspicious even to the dullest intellect. As it is, it all looks suspicious enough.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 1m
"Maybe what we'll do is bury the hatchet and maybe go fishing," Doug Ford on Chief Blair.

Too funny!

For sure. I've been working newspapers and magazines for 25 years and, as an editor, I'd be handling this story gingerly. Still, the Star's coverage has been much lighter than it's competitors. I do think this is a policy decision — but I also wonder if they're following up and, if so, how? I guess we'll find (if there's anything to find out.)

I also wonder if they want to minimise exposure for this this stunt. I mean, even if it's a legitimate bomb threat, the Fords are milking it...It's turned into a "Fords-as-victims" stunt, especially with this Wormington article.

Ford and Warmington are deliberately conflating "those who don't like Ford" with "those that want to bomb city hall". It's pretty childish, but probably somewhat effective.

Ford and Warmington are deliberately conflating "those who don't like Ford" with "those that want to bomb city hall". It's pretty childish, but probably somewhat effective.

I wonder what Wormington is going to do for a living after October 28th???

I wonder what Wormington is going to do for a living after October 28th???

He'll be back as the jock sniffing/ celebrity chaser he's always been.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back