News   Apr 26, 2024
 133     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 414     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Aquaview (Lake Shore @ Long Branch GO, Westport, 16s, Kirkor)

Greis

Member Bio
Reaction score
There appears to be two new condo developments in Long Branch, an Etobicoke neighborhood right at the south-west most point of Toronto. Most people recognize Long Branch as the last stop of the Queen Street streetcar.

The first development is a re-branding of the WestPortBeach development, now called "Aquaview": www.myaquiview.com. It's on the south side of Lakeshore, right across from the GoTrain station. The sales center is under construction.

The second is a Queenscorp development called "Idea". They have a pretty slick website: www.ideacondos.com. Can't really tell the exact location of this one.

The Idea condo website is kinda fun, but, oh poopers, it's a Graziani and Corazza design. Hmm. No rendering yet. They have talking heads going on about it on film, but no building to look at.

Anyway, they could soon be using one of the early scenes from Fight Club to sell the place.

Aquaview Condo - Etobicoke

just browsing the new condo guide, this seems to be new...looks like about 18 storeys, assume it's on the lake somewhere...(page 111)

http://www.myaquaview.com

Idea looks like it is very hard to locate. The sales office is on Lake Shore Blvd (on the Etobicoke side), but there's a sign and some fencing on Lakeshore Road (Mississauga side). It just says "where Mississauga meets Etobicoke".

From my photothreads of that area (check it out if you haven't yet), the sales office.

LongBranch1.jpg

The rendering of the idea condo shows what could be a decent urban structure although it is depicted in the middle of a forest - it does look like it could meet the street vs being a tower in the park.... despite the very fake background of the rendering. It looks okay for that area of Mississauga, which is sort of has an industrial run down feeling to it. Should be an improvement for that strip of Lakeshore Road East.

The rendering of the idea condo shows what could be a decent urban structure although it is depicted in the middle of a forest - it does look like it could meet the street vs being a tower in the park.... despite the very fake background of the rendering. It looks okay for that area of Mississauga, which is sort of has an industrial run down feeling to it. Should be an improvement for that strip of Lakeshore Road East.

This is actually in Etobicoke. Lakeshore Blvd. West ;)

Idea is in Mississauga. The only thing that is unclear is WestendOr's misdirection.

Allow me to quote myself from the actual Idea thread:
A recent drive-by allows me to be more specific about the location of this building (which is somewhat vague on their website).

Idea is on the north side of Lakeshore Rd E in Mississauga, just east of Deta Rd. That puts it across the street from the soon-to-be-opened Arsenal Lands park that sits adjacent to Toronto's Marie Curtis Park. The building will be about a half kilometre walk from the Long Branch GO station, or a kilometre from the TTC's Long Branch streetcar loop.

Three towers-in-the-park type condos (or rentals, I dunno) exist between Idea's site and the Etobicoke Creek. With Idea going in on a small site right up against Lakeshore, I wonder how long it will be before these properties seek permission to add density with new point towers (added in spots where residents in the existing condos will still have a lake view). Being that they are so close to a GO/TTC/MT node, and right across the street from half a square km of recreational space, it would be the perfect spot to add more density.

Meanwhile, just east of here on the south side of Lake Shore Blvd across the border in Toronto, the Aquaview Condos are looking for purchasers too. (No thread for that one yet.)

The thread is here, and should be used for further discussion of Idea.

I am hearby renaming this thread after Aquaview so that we can keep further discussion neat and tidy.

Rumour from my councillor has it that the sales office will be eventually an 8 storey condo as well.

I drove by the site the other night, and there is now equipment there and the excavation seems to be just underway.

Meanwhile, if you go to their website, it still has nothing other than a spot to register. What gives myaquaview.com?

So they dug a huge hole, and stopped.

All activity in the area has come to a complete halt.

Financing problems?

Back