715     5 
News   May 31, 2024
 2.4K     1 
News   May 31, 2024
 933     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what the deal is. It doesn't quite figure that robbie would mention a couple of names a month ago and today Leanne recalls them and decides to be vaguely threatening. Might be nothing but it sure feels weird.

I agree.

I think we need to remember as well that there's a good chance she is also reading/following this thread. (Which still doesn't explain as far as I know where she got those names from. I just don't think it was from RoFo)

Anti-Forders were giving him a very hard time about pretending to be gay, seeming narcissistic, and telling off a black woman who had brought her children to see Ford. He posted something sarcastic to his Twitter account to the effect of "yeah, you got me, I'm just an asshole who was trying to get attention for myself" and flounced.

I mean there MAY be more to it, but I think he just got tired of the criticism.

They really jumped on him after he wrote in his blog something to the effect that 'if I take the rainbow cape off, I'll be safe'. And then a whole bunch of people starting chastising him, and each other, about white privilege. Things have been really fractious in #topoli lately.

Thank you - you don't win against bullies by being high minded - you either hope and pray that a higher power to step in (rule of law and all that), or you give them the smackdown at their psychological solar plexus.

AoD

What I've been wondering about all this at times is whether some or all of the other candidates (wouldn't want to give anyone undue credit) are not hitting back not out of fear of the Fords but out of concern for what further damage that could do to our political discourse and our valuing of political institutions. I dunno, I don't see it as excessively high-minded or prim to want to reject the "race to the bottom" that the Ford brothers do everything they can to encourage. If I were a politician I could see myself wrestling with this as a deep and personal moral issue. You get down in the muck, everything and everyone gets dirty, and sooner or later you're just a part of the cheap and obnoxious world they want to live in.

Maybe I'm overthinking it but I don't see it as a simple question, and I don't envy any of the candidates trying to decide how to handle them. As we've seen, they have a talent for dragging any legit strike against them down into the muck where they're most comfortable and most likely to win.

For what it's worth, LeeAnne isn't following JimmiT or his other account on twitter. She is following me for some reason. I don't know why.

The blog has hit twitter, and of course everyone zoomed right in on Rob showing his brothers how to run Deco. Doug is going to love that part.

Folks it's me. I struck up a chat with her on twitter respectfully. Next thing you know she posts that stuff about my bro. Just heard she talks to Lisi all the time, though Rob won't answer her calls after she dished to Sun. Lisi wants to get to me by bashing my bro. I've got nothing against LeeAnn, she's being loyal to Ford. Also website is supposed to be in testing phase still. Know how I can take it offline till it's done?

Probably just a coincidence. Sattva was shown to be Leon Brule, right? This blog apparently belongs to someone named M. Marinov. Which could still be a fake name.

Likely just coincidence, as Sattva did an abrupt right turn a while back and eschewed Ford to latch onto Tory.

What I've been wondering about all this at times is whether some or all of the other candidates (wouldn't want to give anyone undue credit) are not hitting back not out of fear of the Fords but out of concern for what further damage that could do to our political discourse and our valuing of political institutions. I dunno, I don't see it as excessively high-minded or prim to want to reject the "race to the bottom" that the Ford brothers do everything they can to encourage. If I were a politician I could see myself wrestling with this as a deep and personal moral issue. You get down in the muck, everything and everyone gets dirty, and sooner or later you're just a part of the cheap and obnoxious world they want to live in.

Maybe I'm overthinking it but I don't see it as a simple question, and I don't envy any of the candidates trying to decide how to handle them. As we've seen, they have a talent for dragging any legit strike against them down into the muck where they're most comfortable and most likely to win.

Except I am not sure a) that politics has ever operated differently and b) how much lower our political discourse can get. You can't get clean by pretending the dirt doesn't exist, especially when said candidate is flinging it all around him. Deep and moral issue it maybe, morally neutral it isn't.

Perhaps best to sum up my stance on it all - quid pro quo.

AoD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back