2.9K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something to keep in mind about the Parkview Hills debate: even if SAL will be there, the "proof of residency" requirements pretty much guarantee the Ford Nation cheering/booing squad won't be a factor. In effect, the atmosphere's guaranteed to be more civil, SAL notwithstanding. (*Outside* the venue's another factor, of course.)

More Ford Fest action.

"All they wanted was their free hamburgers and soft drinks!"

"The entire scene took an ugly turn, however, around the time a woman named Lola arrived guns blazing. Angry at the protestors’ presence, Lola had a mouth that could not be stopped, and pretty soon, all attention from the news cameras and her fellow Ford-supporters turned to her and her alone."

"He’s not only good with our money… he’s got morals! That’s the biggest thing.” "
http://www.truenorthtimes.ca/2014/07/26/ford-fest-gets-violent-queeruption-counter-protest/

View attachment 30523
View attachment 30524View attachment 30525

Last edited:
But you're viewing it through a vacuumland prism--there's history, and stories there; yea even in the "endless strip malls". In fact, the irony is: a lot of Micallef-ian sensitive urbanites are better prepared to appreciate said "history and stories" within Scarberia's midst than, I'll betcha, a "DoFo 99%" of Ford Fest attendees--who wouldn't know in blazes what to make of Thomson Park and its environs were Ford Fest not there as raison d'etre to go there.

And I think *that's* what's colouring your perspective--a "characterlessness" compounded by the philistine nimrods all around you. Scarberians as a wilfully ignorant insult to their own turf.

I think you nailed it. Yes, you definitely did. I went to Thompson Park that day to take my dog to the dog park. The people were all holding signs and I could feel the tension emanating from the crowd. It was surreal to see so many minorities and disabled people supporting a man who voted against making their lives better. It was terribly depressing. I never did go in as we were basically denied access. Too many cars parked everywhere and a clearly hostile environment. There were quite a few police there directing traffic. I wonder where they all magically disappeared to when the violence went on. I had the impression that many cops support Ford.

i have my own little theory about that

ever notice he doesn't blink? he buys his visine by the gallon

smoking hash will produce red eyes, and smoking cigarettes covers the hash smell

My guess is that Doug was always a much more functional addict and has filtered it through other ways. I see him trying to be the big man and NOT smoke hash anymore - but more to stick it to his bro and sis.

I bet he drinks like a good ol boy and will smoke weed if its offered. He has more opportunity to indulge sex and money and power now.

I bet DiFo was like that too. That's why they can't see addiction. It's purely a matter of "handling" your liquor.

Last edited:
anyone know who the big bearded guy with the camcorder is, in the first picture? he seemed really aggressive and confrontational in the footage i've seen - like he's really raring for a good fight.

I had the impression that many cops support Ford.

Be interesting to see who they support as it comes down to the wire.

The TPA endorsed Mel Lastman for mayor. In 2003 they endorsed John Tory for mayor as well as a slate of city council candidates (including Rob Ford, Frances Nunziata, Peter Milczyn, Mark Grimes, Doug Holyday, and current police board member Michael Thompson). In that race, they published ads alongside the home addresses and phone numbers of candidates, asking the public to call them and ask what they were doing to ensure public safety.
http://www.thegridto.com/blog-post/police-shouldnt-be-making-political-endorsements/

The one that has become a "reporter", Kayla I think, has Dougie's Lon Chaney visage with the dead eyes and creepy smile.

And Kyla "The Lean Queen", the youngest, actually *hasn't* inherited the Ford "husky gene" (though facially, she's definitely recognizably DoFo's spawn)--she's slighter (presumably like her mother), which makes her muscle-up efforts look rather grotesque...

If I were on the Ford campaign team, I'd circulate quotes from UT like these to show how anti-Ford people delight in insulting people who aren't even in politics and making fun of their appearance. This is really low, guys. Cut it out.

Though actually, of the lot of them, I'd say that Krista inherited the best of the Ford "husky gene"--and is the best at handling it. Really. In all the shots I recollect having seen of her, she looks (physically) good--to the point where I wonder if she's had any "Alpha Female" impact on the rest of the family, where the other DoFo girls + even the parents themselves have felt obligated to follow suit. (But btw/Kyla's muscular freakishness and DoFo's present clumsy caboose--well, trust the Ford family to make a hash out of even *that*. And for that matter, if Krista had any brains to match her physical brawn, she'd have parlayed her physical gifts into something with Olympic-type legitimacy rather than lingerie football.)

Actually, I think the girls have credited their mother with their interest in healthy eating and exercise. I remember seeing a post by Kyla (the youngest) saying how she used to get up early in the morning just to watch her mother work out. Although Krista may have kicked it up a notch with the body building? powerlifting? Not sure what you call it :confused:. Although Krista may also have been influenced by her gigantic boyfriend and maybe the others followed suit? Plus they do seem very athletic - I don't know if they were all cheerleaders at one time but at least two still seem to be. They may have also been models at one time too - they all (except Doug!) seem to adopt this hand-on-hip Victoria Beckham pose that I can't tell if it's serious or some kind of family in-joke.

It does appear though that Kyla has picked up and run past the others with the überfitness. Unlike her sisters, her Instagram account (instagram.com/theleanqueen) is not hidden/private and it appears she has been prepping for some kind of fitness competition over the past while and is now some kind of provincial champion her first time out. There are some pretty dynamic stills of her performing some kind of fitness routine from a week or so ago (plus possibly some cringy poses too). I think possibly Krista has competed like this before and possibly one of the others (Kayla?) was also prepping to compete. As an aside, with all the food, the gym, the training, the costumes and the grooming (mani-pedis, spray tans, hair, etc.) the prep for these completions must cost a friggin' fortune!

I don't think Krista was ever husky. Her Instagram account used to be open and I recall seeing some "throwback" photos of here where she was commenting on how skinny she looked and had no curves (of course, she was also likely in high school at the time, so...) That said, I think I have seen pictures where she does look a bit big but I think they're likely those puffed up, arms out and down Show-Me-Your-Lats poses, which IMO are kind of unflattering.

P.S. I keep getting kicked off UT which is a bit annoying, but this time I lost what I had typed and had to start over. I have been kicked off previously - almost every time it seems - and not lost posts before.

Last edited:
Letter Campaign to Revoke Caribana Invitation for Rob Ford

The Scotiabank Toronto Caribbean Carnival (aka Caribana) has already begun. The main event, the Grand Parade, is this Saturday, August 2. There's no doubt in my mind that given his support in the Caribbean community he is planning to be there.

We need to send a message to the organizers that Rob Ford should not be invited to the parade, based on the following events:

- Calling members of the Caribbean and African Canada community in Toronto "ni**ers"
- Calling community outreach programs to members of the community as "hug-a-thug" programs
- Getting drunk and mocking the Jamaican Canadian community with expletive-laden Patois slang
- Getting drunk and threatening public safety at past festivals, including the Military Ball and Taste of the Danforth

Direct complaints to:

Christopher Alexander, CAO, Festival Management Committee
Denise Herrera-Jackson, CEO, Festival Management Committee
Elizabeth Grimmond, VIP Coordinator
info@torontocarribeancarnival.com

Roger Gibbs, Member, Festival Management Committee
roger_gibbs@hotmail.com

Stephen Weir, Carnival Publicist
stephen@stephenweir.com

i see someone has already linked to sebastian's blog entry

i spent some time with him as well ... he's the only anti-ford person (of several i was hoping to meet) who noticed my "Bike Riding PINKO" button, and that's saying something, because by my estimation, there were about 3 to 4 thousand people there when he found me

i'm sorry we didn't meet, pickles... maybe next time :)

Ha turns out I know Sebastian from elsewhere! I had no idea it was him doing that account. :D

If I were on the Ford campaign team, I'd circulate quotes from UT like these to show how anti-Ford people delight in insulting people who aren't even in politics and making fun of their appearance. This is really low, guys. Cut it out.

I don't entirely disagree with you, but... if another candidate's campaign team took quotes from, say IHTWOMRF to show how pro-Ford people talk about others.... well, I'm not sure the Fords wanna go down that road.
icon_lol.gif
This is an internet forum, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back