152     0 
News   May 23, 2024
 262     2 
News   May 23, 2024
 725     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MetroManTO:eek:ne domino falls, others fall along. A federal MP allegedly sullied over Ford scandal.

@micachoices: this federal MP wasn't Flaherty was it?

‏@MetroManTO: There's a possibility that things will move along a little quicker now.

Does that sound like Metroman confirming? There certainly was talk here before about JF's involvement.

I really hope Flaherty's name isn't besmirched as a result of anything Ford related. I can't imagine the pain that would cause his family at this time.

I really hope Flaherty's name isn't besmirched as a result of anything Ford related. I can't imagine the pain that would cause his family at this time.

The only thing I can imagine Flaherty doing is pulling some strings to get Rob Ford out of trouble.
I doubt he did anything sinister.

The tweet could go either way, in classic MM style.

It could be MM confirming that Flaherty was the MP involved (when one domino falls, others fall along), and the arrest can possibly move forward more quickly.

Or it could be MM just speculating that Flaherty possibly was the MP involved.

Last edited:
The only thing I can imagine Flaherty doing is pulling some strings to get Rob Ford out of trouble.

Depending what strings may have been pulled, and how they may have been pulled could have been sinister. If things appear to restart then things will not bode well.

Flaherty was Minister of Finance, not Minister of National Revenue. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA, as in Income Tax collection) is part of the Ministry of National Revenue. What strings Flaherty could pull, may only consist of asking for a "favor" or "offer they can't refuse" type of string. Nothing directly.

And he gave a cigarette to a security guard!

I wonder if that may have been confused as the "burning rubber" smell last Sat. night? We never did hear what that smell may have been.

I know the CH rules say, "no smoking", but on-duty staff may have felt relaxed, and likely did not expect a surprise visit from the mayor and reporters.

I wonder if that may have been confused as the "burning rubber" smell last Sat. night? We never did hear what that smell may have been.

I know the CH rules say, "no smoking", but on-duty staff may have felt relaxed, and likely did not expect a surprise visit from the mayor and reporters.

I doubt it. Everyone knows what cigarette smoke smells like. There is no way a cigarette in the mayor's office would have smelled so strongly down one level in the rotunda. They both said it was really strong.

The rumour is Fantino was pulling strings with some of his old cop buddies to interfere with the investigation. Maybe he was doing so at the request of JF. But my best source thinks that story is silly.

Which part is silly, that Fantino was pulling strings, or that JF requested he do so?

I have no idea what this has to do with Rob Ford, but Frank magazine for some time has been insinuating that Jim Flaherty had a drinking problem, offering as evidence:
-anonymous sources
-suspicious deletions from hotel bills (minibar raids?)
-this video of him speaking while allegedly 'overrefreshed'
-missing meetings at the recent G20
-emotional response to questions about Ford's crack-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back