News   May 14, 2024
 359     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Welcome to the forum Bellwoodian!

I agree completely with your analysis. I suspect that the police don't actually have the video only wiretap conversations where the video is discussed.

If they have the video the only way that I can see it being shown in a trial would be - as you suggested - there are charges of extortion (with Ford being the "victim") - otherwise the video is of no evidentiary value which means that the smart phone would be returned to the owner at the conclusion of legal proceedings.

...and votes to deny funding to Pride, TIFF, AGO, TSO etc. i take it that he's "your kind of man"?

If events or organizations are not self funding, why should everyone be forced to pay for them or contribute to their viability?

Or if they do bring in cash, and make, a lot of money, why should everyone be forced to contribute through their tax dollars?

There are A LOT of people that worry more about their children having food, paying their hydro bills, and saving for a down payment on a house, than whether or not the TSO violonists are paid enough, or if TIFF has enough cash to bring in Bollywood headliners.

A lot of people are missing the point that the average family has certain concerns..... Ford has been able to communicate with the average person in Scarborough or Etobicoke in a way the downtown Toronto crowd just cannot. Sorry to say, but the AGO and TSO only concern a minority of voters.

Hi all... Been lurking here for weeks. So, first time poster here.. Feel free to ignore the interloper :).

I think I'd want to hear from an actual criminal lawyer on the plausibility of a scenario like this.

Despite all the sordid details, and the dots the most ardent of Ford bashers seem to want to be connected (like guys getting tossed out of Fort McMurray apartment windows on Rob's orders), I find it difficult to believe there's much criminal involvement by Ford in Project Traveller. The most likely scenario just seems to be Rob and/or Rob's sketchy entourage liked to score drugs from guys who subsequently got busted.

If I'm wrong about that, Rob will do a perp walk, and be out on bail pending trial, and presumably still mayor.

If the cops have the video, the only way I can see it being materially relevant to the crown's case against the Dixon Road gang was if they had used it to attempt to extort the mayor. If it's not relevant to the case, what happens to it? Does ownership of it (say, the phone) just revert to the original owner, even if that dude is in jail? It seems to me that the Star or whomever else can't just ask a judge or the cops to hand it over because it happens to be a juicy story.

I'm not sure any judge is just going to let a media outlet go on a fishing expedition that opens the flood gates to them asking judges to force the crown to tip its evidentiary hand in whatever case they determine is in the public interest.

If the cops do have a video of Ford, I'm not sure it will matter what the Star or anyone else does. Pressure to leak the thing will be intense. And despite whatever protocol exists to keep digital evidence like this under wraps, leaks will probably start with officers who aren't supposed to see the thing getting private viewings, talking to wives and girlfriends, etc... And at some point, a thumb drive will get smuggled out and it will be impossible to contain.

The fact that this hasn't happened yet indicates to me that they don't have anything beyond wiretap conversations of guys talking about how Robbie likes to get wrecked.

Without physical evidence (i.e. an actual video) Ford cannot be implicated in anything. I'm not saying there wasn't a tape.... but I've always said that tape would never make its way to the public. And while the video is missing, as long as Ford "denies denies denies", there is nothing anyone can do to him.

If events or organizations are not self funding, why should everyone be forced to pay for them or contribute to their viability?

Or if they do bring in cash, and make, a lot of money, why should everyone be forced to contribute through their tax dollars?

It's not like Pride is going to charge admission for the parade. But the money it generates goes into local businesses, which pay into the city via taxes, and then some of that revenue goes back into the event. Not every economic transaction is purely retail, nor wholly private-sector.

Without physical evidence (i.e. an actual video) Ford cannot be implicated in anything. I'm not saying there wasn't a tape.... but I've always said that tape would never make its way to the public. And while the video is missing, as long as Ford "denies denies denies", there is nothing anyone can do to him.

Maybe I'm suffering from Ford fatigue, but I seem to remember FutureBuilder's cut-and-paste remarks popping up every few pages in the last four weeks.

I don’t drive a car. So I don’t want a nickel of my tax dollars spent on building and maintaining roads.

I don’t use public transit. So I don’t want a nickel of my tax dollars going to the TTC.

I hate sports. So I don’t want a nickel of my tax dollars going toward the Olympics.

I don’t swim. So I don’t want a nickel of my tax dollars going towards keeping pools open.

I don’t have children. So I don’t want a nickel of my tax dollars spent on funding child care benefits.

I don’t care about the environment. So I don’t want a nickel of my tax dollars regulating toxic substances or hazardous waste.

etc, etc, etc,

Maybe I'm suffering from Ford fatigue, but I seem to remember FutureBuilder's cut-and-paste remarks popping up every few pages in the last few weeks.

he has no idea what he's talking about. its been weeks since he last read anything about the story, and he's completely running on fumes at this point.

One more to add to your list, deepend.

I don't like the people of this city. So I don't want a nickel of my tax dollars going towards anything that might make life better for my neighbours.

Last edited:
he has no idea what he's talking about. its been weeks since he last read anything about the story, and he's completely running on fumes at this point.

Or, I have a life. And it involves working and travelling. Unlike you, my life doesn't revolve around Rob Ford or subways in Scarborough. For me this is nothing more than amusement.....for a lot of you it is the highlight of your sad lives.

The funniest thing of all..... Rob Ford is STILL your mayor and is probably going to win again.

Btw, I always said no tape would appear.....where is the video? When will we get to see it? Montreal's mayor was arrested today..... when will Ford be arrested?

Actually as far as the video, no, however, the picture is damning enough. And the rub is the Fords statements concerning the address, and inhabitants have sealed their fate.

With the history of Robbie fabricating history, and then being caught, well that reminds me of a boy and a wolf.

Or, I have a life. And it involves working and travelling. Unlike you, my life doesn't revolve around Rob Ford or subways in Scarborough. For me this is nothing more than amusement.....for a lot of you it is the highlight of your sad lives.

Must suck to be you, forced to participate in conversations with the "common folk" without a disconnect button.

Your replies indicate that you are far more invested in all this than you would have everyone believe. Otherwise you'd be pretty content to smugly sit on the sidelines and half pay attention in silence. Additionally, your attempt to impress others with your "life" is transparent and pathetic.

The funniest thing of all..... Rob Ford is STILL your mayor and is probably going to win again.

You keep repeating this as though you have a point here; again it's obvious you are more invested in this emotionally than pretty much everybody else here. Not that you'll ever admit it.

Btw, I always said no tape would appear.....where is the video? When will we get to see it? Montreal's mayor was arrested today..... when will Ford be arrested?

Hey thanks for proving you don't read the thread, I guess everyone can go back to ignoring you now.

Do these guys have the video? I doubt it, but thought I'd post in case anyone might know something about them...

http://www.bazaardaily.co.uk/2013/06/17/rob-ford-crack-video-lawyer-threatens-legal-action/#.Ub_B56l5m7M.twitter

Mirrored here:
http://www.zimbio.com/Rob+Ford/articles/XmLmBrmnSN9/Rob+Ford+crack+video+Lawyer+threatens+legal

I don't know much about these sites, but I'm suspicious given the lack of context. Anyone know anything about this Bazaar Daily? The wording of Morris' email is similar but not identical to the one he wrote Gawker... Thoughts?

EDIT: The tweet came from this guy: https://twitter.com/KingBendell - who appears to be the editor of the bazaar daily site (which has a UK domain but seems to be based in New York. Hmmm...) I just tweeted him to try to get more info. Let's see.

Last edited:

There are A LOT of people that worry more about their children having food, paying their hydro bills, and saving for a down payment on a house, than whether or not the TSO violonists are paid enough, or if TIFF has enough cash to bring in Bollywood headliners.

A lot of people are missing the point that the average family has certain concerns..... Ford has been able to communicate with the average person in Scarborough or Etobicoke in a way the downtown Toronto crowd just cannot. Sorry to say, but the AGO and TSO only concern a minority of voters.

Your arguments are so weak it's actually funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back