Toronto King West Life Condominiums | ?m | 25s | Plaza | Gabriel Bodor

From afar the concrete from the tower podiums give it the look of a 9 story parking garage. Up close, the pinkish hue brick seems straight out of the early 90s. The "checker board" podium windows are too busy for the aforementioned brick and concrete.

Liberty Village Park is being swallowed on all sides by mediocrity. Really upset.

Pic taken Oct 5, 2012

HX2N0.jpg

Turned out just as bad as the renderings promised! :(

The funny part is that it looked so much better when the brick panels were a nice tan colour before they were painted.

Sweet heavens. What a terrible way to welcome Gardiner motorists to the city. At least now the "3 ugly sisters" on Queen's Quay have tango partners.

Last edited:
from today
20121103063.jpg

This picture clearly shows how badly planned Liberty Village was/is. In fact, there appears to be no plan at all. Look at the placement of all those slab buildings. Point towers would have been a much better choice. It's hard to imagine that the city could have done a worse job. I guess this is what happens when a city has no planning department. The funny/sad thing is, even the newer buildings are not making things better.

Ignoring the towers (and this King West Crap project ... to be fair though ... it does resemble the rendering, less the brick colour) I find the base of the towers in the east portion of Liberty Village (i.e. what you can see in the picture above) fairly appealing ... walking in the area (though for the life of me I can't see why anyone would) is quite enjoyable. The mistake was the lack of retail or anything interesting in the podium of said towers, that would have changed everything to me.

The towers themselves are lackluster at best.

This picture clearly shows how badly planned Liberty Village was/is. In fact, there appears to be no plan at all. Look at the placement of all those slab buildings. Point towers would have been a much better choice. It's hard to imagine that the city could have done a worse job. I guess this is what happens when a city has no planning department. The funny/sad thing is, even the newer buildings are not making things better.

That's the thing. Could it have possibly been "planned" any worse? This type of stuff gets me mad. Toronto is not a well planned city...and it seems as though we have not learned. This type of crap shouldn't be popping up in the city. LV really could have been nice. I think of King West between Spadina & Bathurst good.

Such a missed opportunity. If only we could banish Plazacorp to the suburbs. How can they be proud of any of the projects they've produced in LV?

Hopefully such garbage to be ever designed such again, such trash has no place in our urban realm

Last edited:

Back