Toronto Two Gladstone | ?m | 8s | Streetcar | TACT Architecture

^^ Which transit line? Airport Xpress?
Hopefully a DRL will be built along Queen; yes this would be a perfect stop! (though by then, the FUN Parkdale as we know it may cease to exist)

Awesome shot, btw! 2 Gladstone fits in so well from this perspective, as well as from street level.

There's a new Real Estate forum thread for Two Gladstone. It provides purchasers a place to discuss issues at the building. All real estate related posts have been moved there. There's a new UT dataBase page for the project too.

Last edited:
Yup, 2 Gladstone has turned out to be a realm gem. Buildings like this could find homes in many neighbourhoods.

19 April 2012: What's the tagline?

094vh.jpg

095pp.jpg

I see grafitti has already made to to the south wall along Queen .... sigh

The RBC is moving into the retail area.

The Price Chopper at Queen and Gladstone is not going anywhere or have the land redevelop soon, as it being converted to a Freshco.

Everything inside the store is being replace and upgraded, as well out side.

This is a good move, as there needs to be a store like this even with the plan Metro on Peel St in the next 5 years.

23 June 2012: Prepping for installation of wood panels to hide concrete corner? RBC coming as well--most awkward RBC in town?

1340530022803.jpg

I know Tact is all about delivering modern design for a tight budget, but hey can't we spend a few thousand to paint the balconies here?

Last edited:
It's amazing how every single condo from Streetcar Developments seems to get the worst retail possible, a bank or car dealership. If ever there was a way to kill the street vibe, that right there is the recipe.

True. I wonder if it has to do with Streetcar's backers--Dundee--and their connections to the Toronto biz community? They're very conservative and want long term tenants. I wonder if Streetcar/Dundee keeps title to the retail units for this reason?

Dundee's Canary District makes me nervous for that reason--will that area just become a generic chain retail mall?

Symmetry Developments raised a good point re: the corten here (on twitter.) Corten, like all "rusty" steel products, likes to stain & produce a rusty runoff as it weathers. Being so close to the sidewalk here there's a strong possibility the corten will stain the sidewalks rust-coloured--imagine the nimbies/condo board's concerns then!

Back