Toronto 88 Scott Street | 203.9m | 58s | Concert | P + S / IBI

New rendering posted by BuzzBuzzHome:

BuzzBuzzHome ‏@BuzzBuzzHome
BOOM!!!! Breaking -- new renderings for 88 Scott Condos in #Toronto ---> http://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/88-scott

2012_05_17_12_16_40_ext_hero_night_cam.jpg

This makes the new design look a lot better in my opinion, however that can be true in many cases with a good rendering job. I do still like the overall design of this building though.

This makes the new design look a lot better in my opinion, however that can be true in many cases with a good rendering job. I do still like the overall design of this building though.

To be honest, if you close your eyes and imagine the old crown, it looks just as good.

amazing render. the podium looks a bit weak/cheap from the render, but the tower has never looked better

i like this design even over a tower like Massey tower, which, when you break it down, is basically a box with concave/convex sides. though a tower like this has higher chances of failing material wise.

and ya, i don't mind the new roof. it points towards the park which makes sense

Wow that's a nice render. And it is very realistic too, except for the three glowing rectangular boxes. Gives us an actual idea of how it will end up looking, and at night, it's a beaut!

Yeah, hopefully it ends up looking like that in a few years when it's all said and done! And it's nice to see something going up east of the cluster, along with Sixty Colborne, too.

Looks like nobody commented on John Bentley Mays's view:

"Instead of meeting the city with sheer glazed surfaces that rise smoothly from base to crown, Mr. Sickle’s skyscraper bristles with busy details. Grids of precast concrete start to climb up the tower, get part of the way up, then evaporate, as though they had changed their minds. Large, transparent, two-storey volumes thrust out from corners here and there, with no visual logic that I can make out. The jumbled upward motion of the façades terminates in a bundle of glass oblongs that manages to be odd and banal at the same time."

Yes, the 2 story boxes are odd, but I think he's exaggerating about everything else. Looks like Mr. Mays would prefer another Casa clone.

Not in this area good sir.

Back