Toronto 4804-4812 Yonge Street | ?m | 1s | Dov Capital

Looks like temporary infill, kind of like the LCBO @ King/Spadina. May in a decade or so, they can combine this, the TTC land, and the adjacent low-rise building into a beast mega project. That would be my dream, considering this should be NYCC's premier intersection.

You should look back to the first two or three pages of this thread for the discussion of the TTC preferred use for this site.

This small project is definitely short term.

March 2 2012:

Not much change since to the exterior in the last month.

DSC_0768.JPG

If a condo or office tower is ever built on this corner, it should be called Sheppard/Yonge Place due to it's proximity to the subway.

Once McDonald's moves out of its existing building to the north into the new building, they would be free to tear the old one down.

That site may be totally independent of this one--I could not find a plan for it on the City of Toronto website.

Speaking of NYCC - I think the city built a small park on the block just south of Finch on east side of Yonge. It was a empty lot for a while.

Anyone have pics ?

I was wondering about that space, I pass it regularly in my car (so I cannot stop), but without access to a camera.

It is still fenced off, but seems to be complete; it has a name on it now, something like Olive Parkette or the like. It may be a compensation of parkland for one of the new condos on Olive Avenue.

I expect that it will open in the spring; there may be plantings that they are protecting over the winter.

I was talking to the manager at the McDonalds in the small building immediately north of there, and he said they are scheduled to move into this new building in March.

Looks like it'll be mid-June

May 12th Update:

Almost done. I'm guessing in 1 month I will be eating a Big Mac here.

The question is,... what else will you be eating here?

The original design allowed this food court structure to hold up to 9 restaurants. McDonald's will take up more than just 1/9th, maybe a third,.... definitely not the entire structure. Who will the other tenants be? I'm hoping for KFC since there's no KFC nearby. The closest one at Sheppard Avenue East east of Willowdale turned into a Popeye Chicken about a year ago.

BTW, the overal hexagon shaped structure compliments the TTC bus terminal quite well.

Agreed! Maybe a bakery as well? They are getting closer to finishing this building:

ys1b.jpg

Sorry to disappoint; at least one of the tenants will be the FedEx store from up Yonge Street on the East side at Greenfield.

There is a sign in their window to state that they are moving to 4804 Yonge Street. The corner hydro pole directly in front of the new building has the number 4804 on it and of course there is the title of this thread. The FedEx office at the current location is quite large; perhaps they are looking for smaller accommodations and lower cost.

Anyway, not all of the tenants here will be restaurants.

A Starbucks would be nice. This corner needs one.

There's already a Starbucks at the corner of Yonge and Avondale (2 lights south of Sheppard) and there will be a Starbucks at EmeraldPark,... about 250 feet south of Sheppard.

BTW, is it just me or does that second floor seems really odd,.... its so narrow,... maybe wide enough for one row of tables to overlook the intersection.

There's already a Starbucks at the corner of Yonge and Avondale (2 lights south of Sheppard) and there will be a Starbucks at EmeraldPark,... about 250 feet south of Sheppard.

BTW, is it just me or does that second floor seems really odd,.... its so narrow,... maybe wide enough for one row of tables to overlook the intersection.

It is too narrow! I am a bit puzzled with the design of this building; it could have been both deeper and wider. Otherwise, why build a useless second floor.

Back