Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Why are the ground level window spandrel panels opaque? I'm so confused at why they are like that.

you don't need to be clairvoyant to know that this thing is going to be a cheaply constructed, poorly designed, massively ugly blight on the skyline.

1. its already clear from the Wall Of A Million Mullions that they are busily fabricating.

2. check out the website for the esteemed architects of this incoherent hodge-podge, if you can bear it. you will see ample evidence of the complete lack of design intelligence that is the trademark of this company.

3. waddle over one block north-west, and feast your eyes on their sheet metal masterpiece, the Eyesores Of College Park.

just forget the "lets wait and see" charade. its over already. its a disaster, and its just going to become a bigger and bigger disaster.

Funny, but I never mentioned the word clairvoyant. You did. You are the one coming to a conclusive judgement regarding a building that isn't complete. I simply pointed out that most of the building isn't there yet, so there isn't much to debate. It should have been obvious to you that the sentence didn't suggest any type of restriction regarding discussion on what has been built so far. But as you were so anxious to slide in your little attempt at an insult, you missed that part.

Good for you if you hate it. That's your opinion. Have fun. But don't be so arrogant as to think you possess authoritative and objective knowledge of a structure that has yet to be completed.

Funny, but I never mentioned the word clairvoyant. You did. You are the one coming to a conclusive judgement regarding a building that isn't complete. I simply pointed out that most of the building isn't there yet, so there isn't much to debate. It should have been obvious to you that the sentence didn't suggest any type of restriction regarding discussion on what has been built so far. But as you were so anxious to slide in your little attempt at an insult, you missed that part.

Good for you if you hate it. That's your opinion. Have fun. But don't be so arrogant as to think you possess authoritative and objective knowledge of a structure that has yet to be completed.

yikes, my post wasn't even aimed at you. sorry if you took it that way. i shouldn't have included your post inside of mine. my apologies.

Can't wait till this bad boy is done... Thing is massive...

What’s the deal with calling this building "a bad boy", “a beastâ€, a "monster" etc? You’re like the 15th person to go down this road. Bad boys, beasts, monsters etc. aren’t typically associated with architectural excellence, principles of urbanism, quality of the public realm etc. All they suggest is macho posturing. We’re talking about buildings not professional wrestlers.

I think it's just that we haven't seen a building this big go up in Toronto for a very long time. It is visually impressive.

Yonge street from College to Queen might be the most interesting part of Yonge with the exception of Yonge and Bloor and North York Centre.

Last edited:
What’s the deal with calling this building "a bad boy", “a beast”, a "monster" etc? You’re like the 15th person to go down this road. Bad boys, beasts, monsters etc. aren’t typically associated with architectural excellence, principles of urbanism, quality of the public realm etc. All they suggest is macho posturing. We’re talking about buildings not professional wrestlers.

I typed up what I was thinking at that particular moment. I'm "Guy Typing" not "Guy Worrying About Whether or Not My Post Regarding the Aura is Pointing Out its Architectural Excellence, Principles of Urbanism or Quality of the Public Realm."

Give me a break, I'm new.

What’s the deal with calling this building "a bad boy", “a beastâ€, a "monster" etc? You’re like the 15th person to go down this road. Bad boys, beasts, monsters etc. aren’t typically associated with architectural excellence, principles of urbanism, quality of the public realm etc. All they suggest is macho posturing. We’re talking about buildings not professional wrestlers.

I believe that they were calling it a monster based on their knowledge of its proposed final height, not based on its effects on the public realm.

"Monster" is not a pejorative in this instance... It simply denotes size... This really is the building that ate Yonge St., and I'm loving it!

If we used words like "elegant" and "graceful" to describe Aura, would it make you feel better, even though they absolutely don't apply to the structure as it sits today?

Asked on that picture, this block is surely gonna change in the next few years. With tht ryerson building in the works. Talk about cleaning up.

Back