Toronto Charlie Condos | 122.83m | 36s | Great Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

22 Feb 2012--from the shacks of Baldwin/Chinatown to Charlie, proof that there's really two solitudes in downtown:

016ed.jpg

This is one of those buildings that shows much better in person than in photographs. The blue-grey brick actually looks quite nice up-close and the glass is more reflective.

Another coffee shop? Yeesh. At this rate King West will be nothing but restos and coffee shops in 10 years.

Heard from someone close to the company that a Noah's Natural Foods will be occupying at least part of Charlie's retail component. That might break up the monotony of Starbucks-Club-Pizza Place-Starbucks-Club-Pizza Place that King West has become.

Can't wait for Ice, l Tower, BAE and Massey to fill in some of those gaps! Sick pictures!

Charlie FINALLY topping out......36th floor almost complete! Now just a few more months before its livable !

Today was the first time I'd noticed that spandrel as well, so I thought I'd profile it. Was anyone else expecting it?

It looks more like metal cladding to me than spandrel glass. I like the different element it adds to the building. It is an odd feature though, given how the rest of the building is floor-to-ceiling window wall.

Back