South Beach Condos & Lofts (Amexon Development Group) - Real Estate -

Just a quick question

Hello everyone, been following thread for a while. Moving into the collins in tower one...got my PDI today...would there be a chance the expected move in date would be moved up...I'm supposed to move in on Feb 27th

I am suppose to move in on February 16th. I asked the Project Manager during my PDI whether another delay is possible. His answer: "We are really pushing to meet the occupancy dates, but there might be another 2 week delay" I believe legally they are allowed to do this 3rd extension for max of 2 weeks. I might be wrong but that's what he said...

Got my PDI notice too - in 2 weeks.
We should try to keep this thread alive/active and share our experiences, and any additional information that we might individually receive throughout this occupancy process.

Cheers,

Hi all, New to this Forum. We had our PDI few days ago. The interiors of the unit are beautiful; can't wait to move in. There were some minor things that needs fixing (mostly paint jobs, or wall dents). I was a bit disappointed with the actual unit measurements. they were off by half a foot in some areas.
Other than that, everything was impressive. The lobby is bigger than I expected, and the detailing of it looks stunning. From what I saw, there is a lot of work that still needs to be done, mainly in the common elements areas. My move in date is Feb 21, and I can't afford any more delays!!!!!
cheers,

Thanks for sharing Miranda, glad to hear everything looks good with the units and ammenities at South Beach! I got my notice for the PDI and its scheduled for Jan.31st. I asked the builder if there was going to be a delay and they said no, that my March 2nd move-in date is still a go. Can't wait to see the interior of the building and units. How long did it take to do your PDI? Any pics you mind posting? :)

Thanks for sharing Miranda, glad to hear everything looks good with the units and ammenities at South Beach! I got my notice for the PDI and its scheduled for Jan.31st. I asked the builder if there was going to be a delay and they said no, that my March 2nd move-in date is still a go. Can't wait to see the interior of the building and units. How long did it take to do your PDI? Any pics you mind posting? :)

By the time you do your PDI, I believe the lobby should be finished. Pay attention to the laser cut lattice ceiling. The lobby is bigger than the original plan. The floor is a beautiful marble that was covered for protection. You can see so much detail where you wouldn't expect it. The corridors to the suites are stunning. Carpet and Wall paper aren't placed yet, but the doors to each suite are black and quite tall with beautiful silver levers. These are a few pictures of my unit...

Last edited:
cant get the photos to upload straight....

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 328
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 321
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 321
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 320
Thanks Miranda! Your unit looks stunning! I got the same style kitchen cabinet recessed handles and i'm glad I did. What unit did you buy? Mine is The Lido.

Congrats on your purchases guys! Miranda, I like your finishes alot - it looks great

I'm a big fan of this project; I actually tried to buy into this but got in a bit late so I ended up buying another unit in a building near by

Any word on the retail going in? I drove by the other day and the outside of the retail strip is coming along nicely

I really hope that there won't be the additional 15 day delay!!!! We purchased in may and experienced just one delay. I don't know how the rest of you managed! I am so ready to move in! It's going to be such a beautiful place to reside. The shops and amenities won't be ready until mid April do I was told on my PDI

Everything looks great except the doors and baseboards. They looks cheap from the pictures and very Cresford-ish:(

In regards to the baseboards I understand what you mean... But if they had put the "traditional" baseboard it wouldn't give it the modern feel that the developer wants to achieve. In our suite they were cut very clean.

What doors are you not liking? The sliders for the master bath and walk in closet and second bedroom are beautiful in my opinion, especially the rail that they run on. The front door is very dramatic in color. The bathroom door is a plain door I agree. I am impressed with the powder room door's hardware though.

Back