Toronto Sherway Gardens Expansion | ?m | 2s | Cadillac Fairview | DIALOG

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
As per the City's planning applications page.....it appears the long rumoured Sherway Gardens expansion is afoot.

Now for the speculation on tenants.

Site Plan Approval 11 285249 WET 05 SA Ward 05
- Etob. York Sep 30, 2011 --- --- ---

Proposed two storey retail addition and three storey parking structure to the north-west side of existing shopping centre.

As per the City's planning applications page.....it appears the long rumoured Sherway Gardens expansion is afoot.

Proposed two storey retail addition and three storey parking structure to the north-west side of existing shopping centre.
North-west side? But they haven't even broken ground on whatever they're doing on the east side

didn't they tear down the parking garage on the east side by Sears a few years ago. I heard they were supposed to expand in 2008 but heldback due to the economic downturn.

They should just add another story to the mall and put in a supermarket as well ...... a whole foods would be awesome.

sounds like the old expansion plan they had a few years ago

www.lea.ca/services/pdf/1583-fst2.pdf

That one would result in multi parking structures surrounding the mall and a full additional floor of retail added to the existing mall which would make it the biggest in Ontario. I'm sure they made some changes to it. I heard they were updating the food court to the Urban Eatery style like Eaton Centre as well.

sounds like the old expansion plan they had a few years ago

www.lea.ca/services/pdf/1583-fst2.pdf

That one would result in multi parking structures surrounding the mall and a full additional floor of retail added to the existing mall which would make it the biggest in Ontario. I'm sure they made some changes to it. I heard they were updating the food court to the Urban Eatery style like Eaton Centre as well.

a few years ago? Sears replaced Eatons at Sherway a LONG time ago. How old is that page?!?

my guess would be notable US chains that are making their first appearance in Canada:

Trader Joe's supermarket
Cheesecake Factory
PF Changs
Ralph Lauren Polo
California Pizza Kitchen
Olive Garden

my guess would be notable US chains that are making their first appearance in Canada:

Trader Joe's supermarket
Cheesecake Factory
PF Changs
Ralph Lauren Polo
California Pizza Kitchen
Olive Garden

Didn't they have the Olive garden in Canada up until the early 90s?

Didn't they have the Olive garden in Canada up until the early 90s?

Yes. AND they still do.

Olive Garden (parent company is Darden Restaurants, also of Red Lobster); pulled the Olive Garden chain out of EASTERN Canada in the 90's. It remains in Western Canada.

For the life of me, they were very busy here; but apparently they found the margins too tight for their liking.....

I'm confused - is the 2 storey addition to be built as an extension of the existing mall on one of its parking lots, or will they be building a 2 storey addition right on top of the mall?

yes, i'm a little confused as well. It sounds like they're building a full 2nd story addition on top of the existing mall that's been discussed for years before. Then they're also putting in a multi level parking structure on the NW side.

Subway extension won't happen in our lifetime :D ..... But that's not a bad thing, most residents and the mall probably don't want a subway extension to keep the mallrats and riff raffs away. :D

Last edited:

Back