Market Wharf Condos (Context Development) - Real Estate -

Here is a pic from the bedroom which is less beige. A PM asked to see the laminate.

photo7x.jpg

Beige is boring on it's own, but a beige or neutral interior is a great opportunity because it gives you a blank slate to add your own style with what you bring into it. You can be as colorful as you want. A neutral interior really gives you more choices in this respect.

Is Toronto more beige than anywhere else? I was just in NYC and I looked in a ton of apartments and almost all were while or beige, so it seems pretty common in other places too. In one building lining Central Park, I could see into about 100 apartments and every single one was white/beige. That's so boring!

it's the safe choice

Well that "beige" bathroom is pretty damn nice...especially considering the finishes are all standard.

What's so special about it? A good contractor could finish this bathroom in 2 days--that tells me it's not that great. Developers love this large tile trend--less labour-intensive to install and harder to screw up!

Beige is the boring choice; hey if you wanna go conservative and classic, go with an all white bathroom. What contrasting colours work well with beige?

What's so special about it? A good contractor could finish this bathroom in 2 days--that tells me it's not that great. Developers love this large tile trend--less labour-intensive to install and harder to screw up!

Beige is the boring choice; hey if you wanna go conservative and classic, go with an all white bathroom. What contrasting colours work well with beige?

I think the bathroom in particular looks rather nice. And when you look at a lot of the other projects out there, this one sticks out. Do I like beige? No...but I think it looks nice in this bathroom. All white can get stale pretty quickly and is a bitch to keep clean.

It's the little things about this bathroom that I like. I like the tub faucet. I like how the tub sits over the tiles. I like the tile going all the way up to the wall. I like the modern toilet. I like the Zebrano wood vanity. Safe choice in terms of finishes, but still a quality bathroom IMO.

Last edited:
I think the bathroom in particular looks rather nice. And when you look at a lot of the other projects out there, this one sticks out. Do I like beige? No...but I think it looks nice in this bathroom. All white can get stale pretty quickly and is a bitch to keep clean.

It's the little things about this bathroom that I like. I like the tub faucet. I like how the tub sits over the tiles. I like the tile going all the way up to the wall. I like the modern toilet. I like the Zebrano wood vanity. Safe choice in terms of finishes, but still a quality bathroom IMO.

Don't forget the standard undermount sink. For 2008 marketing, it was unique.

Market Wharf comes with a single undermount sink as standard... do you think it's worth it to get a double sink? I just had my options appointment and I am thinking about upgrading to a double sink..

Hardwood or tiles? what do you prefer for the living and dining area?

Attachments

• Market_Wharf_301_(2)[1].jpg
    Market_Wharf_301_(2)[1].jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 415
  • market_wharf_201_(4)[1].jpg
    market_wharf_201_(4)[1].jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 397
Tiles look quite nice actually. Personally I would go for all tiles if it matches the kitchen cabinetry colour. I got hardwood for my unit because we picked a darker colour tile for the kitchen/foyer area and don't want the whole unit to be with the dark colour. So we picked a light colour hardwood instead for the living/dining area.

Going to the lawyer tomorrow to pay the piper on my unit.
Pickin' up keys for interim occupancy on Monday. Should have some interior lobby and hallway lobbies photos early next week!

Last edited:
This is some great news, first occupancies will be next week! Are the parkings done? (Or maybe Market Flats have no parkings?)
Can't wait to see some pictures!

Back