Toronto Westlake | 153.31m | 48s | Onni Group | P + S / IBI

Was at the sales office today. I was told that Metro is confirmed, and they negotiating with LCBO, Shoppers Drug Mart and Starbucks. They are trying to bring a good mix of retail to the development.

Isn't the LCBO at the strip mall on Queensway too close?

Drove by today; the entire site is being hoarded up by Deslan Demolition Services. I guess it won't be long until the old building tumbles to the ground.

April 15
5624675192_ecc92b04db_b.jpg

5624056577_02c232f28d_b.jpg

5624050203_0525436fc2_b.jpg

According to Urbanation on Twitter, Onni is planning another tower for their Westlake development.

Onni has plans for a 4th phase of Westlake, the approximatley 40-storey, 500 unit building will be located adjacent to the first 3 phases.

Holy mackeral, yet another tower to add on to the other dozen or two that will be going up in the area...Gee, people unknown to Toronto will be getting off at Kipling or Islington thinking that they will be entering in to downtown core..lol:D

There is no upgrades available for westlake
enjoy choosing plan a,b or c for finishes
the only upgrade available is the kitchen island
enjoy

Holy mackeral, yet another tower to add on to the other dozen or two that will be going up in the area...Gee, people unknown to Toronto will be getting off at Kipling or Islington thinking that they will be entering in to downtown core..lol:D

Bit further east to Park Lawn lol.. Kipling/Islington are quite far off west for us living around here!

There is no upgrades available for westlake
enjoy choosing plan a,b or c for finishes
the only upgrade available is the kitchen island
enjoy

Doesn't matter to me. I never upgrade and get ripped off by the builder anyways.

According to Urbanation on Twitter, Onni is planning another tower for their Westlake development.

From city planning yesterday.. Im guessing this is the 4th building.

42 PARK LAWN RD

OPA / Rezoning 11 205488 WET 06 OZ Ward 06
- Etob. York May 30, 2011 --- --- --- ---

Proposed amendments to the Etobicoke Zoning Code to permit the development of a 41 storey apartment building containing 345 units.

From city planning yesterday.. Im guessing this is the 4th building.

42 PARK LAWN RD

OPA / Rezoning 11 205488 WET 06 OZ Ward 06
- Etob. York May 30, 2011 --- --- --- ---

Proposed amendments to the Etobicoke Zoning Code to permit the development of a 41 storey apartment building containing 345 units.

Hmmm...how come it has a different address? Westlake is 2222 Lakeshore (or something like that).

I went to their sales office a couple of weeks ago, and no one was aware of this 4th tower. And my agent doesn't either. Makes me wonder if it is part of Westlake, or another development adjacent to it.

To clarify .... the proposed development 42 Park Lawn is a completely separate development (located between the South Beach condos at 88 Park Lawn and the Times Group proposal at 36 Park Lawn)

See map below:
Click to Enlarge

However, I wouldn't be suprised if there was a 4th tower added to Westlake (even if agents don't know it), because Onni also owns the lands at 10 Park Lawn, being the wedge-shaped parcel located between the current 3-tower Westlake rectangular corner parcel and the Times Group site at 36 Park Lawn

Onni has plans for a 4th phase of Westlake, the approximatley 40-storey, 500 unit building will be located adjacent to the first 3 phases.

Hmmm, must be in the area north of the first 3 towers.

Just checked with City Planning staff, indeed ONNI owns the parcel (10 Park Lawn) immediately north of the current Westlake condos site (2200 Lake Shore), which will likely be this rumoured 4th tower.

However, no development planning applications have been submitted to-date ... so stay tuned ~ :)

Back