Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

Hard to believe how this thing is transforming from an embarrassment to a stunner.

i wouldn't have necessarily called in an embarrassment, despite it having it's imperfections. it was/is huge. and a landmark building in canada. now it's just being "redefined" :)
It's looking the best it ever has. hopefully your regular everyday normal guy will notice the change when all is said and done (i've asked quite a few people and they don't even realize the difference :()

it was/is huge. and a landmark building in canada.

That's precisely why it was an embarrassment. The tallest most visible building in Toronto... and it looked like crap.

Saturday:

Attachments

• IMG_1691.jpg
    IMG_1691.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_1694.jpg
    IMG_1694.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 245
Yip

I'm probably in the minority when I say I would have preferred it to be all white! It somehow seems less dominant now. Oh well- certainly looks much better than grubby marble.

hmm, I recall that the dimensions were given way back near the beginning of this thread when the details of the reclad were released. I'm too lazy to go back and look but for some reason 30m is ringing a bell...

Oh, ok...I was just wondering what the size comparison is between one of the old WTC towers and FCP
I'm sure I read somewhere that the Old WTC towers were almost 90m wide? (on all four sides of the structure)
I could be wrong though.

I have an old poster from Ikea that had various skyscrapers from around the world side by side, similar to the SSP diagrams, which had FCP beside WTC. The difference between the two in both height and width is quite noticeable. There are measurements on the poster but I don't remember if widths were there.

That's precisely why it was an embarrassment. The tallest most visible building in Toronto... and it looked like crap.

I agree. The casual observer sees only the exterior of the building. And this - the tallest office tower in Canada and the HQ of a major bank - looked like crap because of the deteriorating cladding.

January 27th: Below, two more floors are finally completed when the eastern half of the scaffolding was lowered early this morning. I presume the seven weeks it took to complete two floors was due to holidays over Christmas and bad weather.

Another two floors completed as of today. That's just a little under two weeks per floor, pretty impressive given the weather in the past month.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

FCP and BA were made for eachother!!! what's gonna be cool is seeing trump and the re-clad meet halfway. one goin up, the other going down.
great view as always!

Back