Toronto Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto | 159.71m | 45s | GWL | KPMB

Is there a "District" designation for this area that includes 18 York, Telus, MLS, ICE ? Thanks.

Perhaps Red Mars's rather unclear question pertains to heritage designations, in which the answer is a surprising "yes" - the area is a Heritage Conservation District (Union Station HCD) and some of the buildings currently under construction or recently completed, from Pinnacle to 18 York, are on the Inventory of Heritage Properties (I can't figure out if it applies to ICE yet!).

I appreciate the responses. Thanks.

I keep track of the UT treads in general folders in my bookmarks. (Similar to Entertainment, Fashion, Financial districts.)

RM

April 2:

4493123351_a22d9a6a82_b.jpg

4493765724_fda8c3a03d_b.jpg

Some details from the public meeting tonight:

* 2 buildings connected by a 2-storey podium, which will also connect to 18 York.

Brilliant-- we need a strong streetwall here without gaps between buildings, and the connection to 18 York will be a big part of creating that.

Makes sense since they designed 18 York. The presenter from Page and Steele at the public meeting I attended noted that the office building will be similar in size and shape to 18 York but rotated 90 degrees, as shown in the massing drawings. Since only massing drawings of the hotel/rental building were shown, I would think that KPMB are only designing the office building.

Good eye. That connection is also shown on the Site Plan, which also indicates a 47 storey hotel and 30 storey office building

The Preliminary Report does not make it clear whether the 47 storey height is total, or additional, above the 3 storey podium.

Interesting to note the 47s (or 50) tower seems to be pure hotel, at least for now no residential component has been proposed.

Back