Casa Condos (Cresford Developments) - Real Estate -

Hey guys. Just wondering if you are still happy w/ your purchase and if there were any PDI issues or other prbs that needed to be addressed? Did the developer handle them promptly and did they seem attentive to your needs?

Gotta say that I love the lobby from the outside, but that's where it ends. Inside it's simply too slim and the furniture too scarce that instead of feeling welcoming it's just very blah. Because it's so slim, there's no perspective so even the wood that looks great from the outside looks really boring. Too bad.

There is a lot of seating up in the blue section of the lobby which also looks pretty cool from the outside, you can't see that there's furniture there until you actually go up since it's hidden by the railing. I doubt that anybody will ever sit up there though. There are lots more couches on the 5th floor. As per the builder spending minimal money, it's funny because I was thinking about how there's a tiny gym for a building this size and a yoga room and how this worked out from a builders perspective. Instead of the yoga room there should have been more space used for the gym and more machines. But instead the builder saved money by building an empty room which also probably helped them sell the place better by advertising that it has a gym AND a yoga room...people don't really think about the fact that it's basically an added feature that really just saves money while skimping on other things lol.

There is a lot of seating up in the blue section of the lobby which also looks pretty cool from the outside, you can't see that there's furniture there until you actually go up since it's hidden by the railing. I doubt that anybody will ever sit up there though. There are lots more couches on the 5th floor. As per the builder spending minimal money, it's funny because I was thinking about how there's a tiny gym for a building this size and a yoga room and how this worked out from a builders perspective. Instead of the yoga room there should have been more space used for the gym and more machines. But instead the builder saved money by building an empty room which also probably helped them sell the place better by advertising that it has a gym AND a yoga room...people don't really think about the fact that it's basically an added feature that really just saves money while skimping on other things lol.

yeah...i'm quite upset about the small gym, though i haven't seen it yet as the floor is not open. Unacceptable to build a condo these days without a decent gym to workout in. Yes, i probably noticed years ago when i bought the unit, but it wasn't a showstopper to me, and the builder likely knew it as well because of the great location so they could cut back here. Gotta have a builder with a consciense for sure...the 'do the right thing mentaility' or they just cut too many corners with an eye to their bottom line. I've noticed several instances of this with Cressford. Just something to take note of for future.

Why all this importance on having a state of the art gym in a condo? It's like complaining about the entertainment room. Why not just get a membership to a reputable gym? Smaller gym = cheaper condo fees... I personally would appreciate not having any ammenities in my condo.

Why all this importance on having a state of the art gym in a condo? It's like complaining about the entertainment room. Why not just get a membership to a reputable gym? Smaller gym = cheaper condo fees... I personally would appreciate not having any ammenities in my condo.

The local gyms want from $60 to $100 a month. I just want to work on a few machines for my arms, chest and whatnot. Usually about a 20min. circuit for me on the weights. Condo gyms are perfect for this and you feel like you're getting something valuable for your condo fees. I don't want to pay the high gym costs and probably use only a small fraction of the huge gym and extras.

How much more can it seriously cost to have a decent vs no-frills gym? If one is buying an upscale condo, I'm sure they'd expect something decent. Besides, that's one main point of living in a condo, to have amenities, whatever they are.

How much more can it seriously cost to have a decent vs no-frills gym? If one is buying an upscale condo, I'm sure they'd expect something decent. Besides, that's one main point of living in a condo, to have amenities, whatever they are.

Casa is not an upscale condo

Casa is not an upscale condo

LOL ... Cresford and all the realtors would like you to believe otherwise by the way they describe this project ... everything is luxury, Yorkville, Armani, Scavolini, etc ... but i agree with you.

LOL ... Cresford and all the realtors would like you to believe otherwise by the way they describe this project ... everything is luxury, Yorkville, Armani, Scavolini, etc ... but i agree with you.

I don't know how Upscale is defined...but it is a very nice condo! I live there and love the location. The finishes are very nice as well. I've noticed most of the condos ini the Yonge Bloor area are nicer than the ones downtown. Hardwood, Stainless steel appliances and grantie counters are usually standard here, but downtown they are often extras, so many units won't have them, such as all the Lanterra projects (18 Yonge, Maple Leaf Sq, Murano Burano).

Anyways, i especially love the bathroom fixtures at Casa. The shower is to die for! Love the knob to turn the wate on, then you push a little button to get the shower going...all very slick. The shower head is really big and gives you that rainshower feeling. Lol....anyways, very nice stuff in these units! Couldn't be happier living in this area and getting out of the downtown core.

It's pretty funny when you think about it.

Well, at least the $/sqft is, lol! Prices in TO dtown/Yonge line are crazy. Still, Casa seems nice.

It's actually very well priced, as it's just been finished. Many investors selling. I picked up a very nice 1+1 facing west....amazing view from the downtown, CN tower, all the way up Bay street right to the bloor yonge intersection. A view beyond belief...and cost was $587 per sq ft.

Gotta be one of the best deals going right now in terms of great location, nice condo, and affordable price.

Congrats on the purchase.

thanks onfence. I've been wanting to get into this area for as long as i can remember, and was thrilled to find such a decent sized unit for a reasonable price. I thiink this building will appreciate a lot over the next year, as it just seems underpriced right now for what you are getting.

thanks onfence. I've been wanting to get into this area for as long as i can remember, and was thrilled to find such a decent sized unit for a reasonable price. I thiink this building will appreciate a lot over the next year, as it just seems underpriced right now for what you are getting.
Congrats. The building is very nice. At $587 per square foot, you got a good deal. 1+1 seem to be selling for more than that. Did you get the 635 square foot unit? I have also been looking at them myself.

Back