News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 725     0 

Recommend a furniture repair company

TheProfessor

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll try here.

I am in need of a company to install new foam into the cushions of my sofa. At the same time, I'd like to have the cushions cleaned. If it makes a difference, the sofa is made of microfibre and has 6" foam.

I've called a couple of places through the yellow pages and the people who have come to my condo for the estimate were a nightmare (one I nearly had to kick out after insisting we pay him for his trouble when he had previously indicated it was a no obligation free of charge in home estimate).

Has anyone done this type of work before and would recommend the shop?

The foam seat, back and throw cushions and covers on my sturdy rattan couch were done through Palma Brava when they used to be at Yonge and Lawrence. That was almost 30 years ago and the foam is still in excellent shape considering the extraordinary things that have happened on that couch over the years.

The foam seat, back and throw cushions and covers on my sturdy rattan couch were done through Palma Brava when they used to be at Yonge and Lawrence. That was almost 30 years ago and the foam is still in excellent shape considering the extraordinary things that have happened on that couch over the years.

sounds like a case of "ah, the stories that couch could tell!", if we lived in a world where um, furniture talked...
on the other hand, maybe its best if said sofa 'keeps its own counsel'.

Last edited:
Perhaps Adam Giambrone would appreciate this recommendation ...

Back