Toronto Charlie Condos | 122.83m | 36s | Great Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

sounds about right ...
i usually estimate 1 month per floor of building, so 36s = 36 months

once they reach above ground ... I thought it takes only about 1 week to pour a "typical" floor ??

once they reach above ground ... I thought it takes only about 1 week to pour a "typical" floor ??

yes, but i'm talking about from ground breaking to occupancy.

of course it will vary depending on the size of the project, and other factors too ... but 1 month per floor of building height has seemed to be close.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I guess from the way it sounds the building will not be ready for occupancy until fall of 2012! Yikes we're only in 2009 right now...I don't think I will ever buy pre-construction again unless it's for investment purposes.

Work's proceeding apace at Charlie. Looks like they are about 2 floors down into the dig. Hard to see, because they have the site surrounded by some opaque netting. They're definitely digging as fast as they can, though.

Charlie underway....pic by Jasonzed at SSC....

20091122046.jpg

Thanks for the pic. Excavation is moving along quite quick! Perhaps another 3 weeks of digging before they can bring the crane in !

Actually your right ! I just found out they are digging 6 grades below!...So a whole lot more to go !

Simlus, you really think that late of an occupancy?....Although the sales centre said "Fall 2011" isnt Great Gulf a quick builder ?....Does anyone know if X condos had many delays? I'm just judging by the fact that X went up within 2 yrs, so I would expect the same for Charlie !

I think it depends on whether they run into bedrock again. They had to blast through it to excavate for the Hudson next door. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened here. That would probably cause delays. Or they could run into underground streams and delay construction for two years. Or they could find ancient artifacts and delay for three years. Or labour issues....

Simlus, you really think that late of an occupancy?....Although the sales centre said "Fall 2011" isnt Great Gulf a quick builder ?....Does anyone know if X condos had many delays? I'm just judging by the fact that X went up within 2 yrs, so I would expect the same for Charlie !

Developers are always optimistic - and often late.

Add to that items like weather, and plan for a move-in time after fall 2011.

Back