Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

Looking at the virtual tours is the toilet actually in the shower?

LOL! It's hard to see from the angle of the VR, but from the pics, you can see the toilet is a glass-enclosed area ajacent to the shower. This is normal. I've seen many homes and hotels like this. Not sure I want to be looking at my wife taking a dump while I shower (or vice versa). I don't understand why it is not frosted (or frost stickered). That would make more sense.

And there's no chandalier over the bath. Artistic design choice by the sales centre designer, I guess as a joke, sort of like how they put a chandalier in the elevator of Ritz Carlton's old sales centre.
------------------------------------------------------------
Shangri-La Virtual Tour and Pictures

Scaled Model

Courtesy of movieguy ~ :)

Northeast Elevation
shangri-la_building_model006.jpg

Podium Views (clockwise from northeast)
shangri-la_building_model005.jpg

shangri-la_building_model001.jpg

shangri-la_building_model002.jpg

shangri-la_building_model003.jpg

shangri-la_building_model004.jpg

Residence 03 - 1,128 sq.ft.
shangri-la_suite_models005.jpg

Residence 04 - 806 sq.ft.
shangri-la_suite_models004.jpg

Residence 06 - 1,758-1,855 sq.ft.
shangri-la_suite_models003.jpg

Residence 07 - 1,374-1,424 sq.ft.
shangri-la_suite_models002.jpg

Residence 09 - 1,558-1,661 sq.ft.
shangri-la_suite_models001.jpg

Private Estates 01 - 1,997-1,999 sq.ft.
shangri-la_suite_models006.jpg

Private Estates 02/2B - 2,217-2,301 sq.ft.
shangri-la_suite_models007.jpg

Private Estates 02 (Signature 2 Storey) - 4,408 sq.ft. (this is on the top portion of the west elevation)
shangri-la_suite_models009.jpg

shangri-la_suite_models010.jpg

Private Estate 05 - 3,238-3,348 sq.ft.
shangri-la_suite_models008.jpg

Penthouse 01 - 6,630 sq.ft
shangri-la_suite_models011.jpg

shangri-la_suite_models012.jpg

Want to see these floorplans ?? Go check out Shangri-La's website @ http://www.livingshangri-latoronto.com/

Last edited:
Nono ... thank YOU movieguy for the great pics ~ :)
(maybe it'd be better if I clarify my name as SolarisGuy ... like casaguy + waterscapes-guy :D)

Private Estates 02 (Signature 2 Storey Suite) is the box at the top of the west elevations ~

Private Estates 02 (Signature 2 Storey) - 4,408 sq.ft.
shangri-la_suite_models009.jpg

I wonder if that blue LED lighting feature running up the north/south elevations will also appear in the finished building

Wow the podium area with the pool and palm trees is going to look so awesome from University!

Solaris, my guess is that is a rooftop unit?

Solaris, my guess is that is a rooftop unit?

Penthouse 1 is definitely rooftop. The private estates are penthouse and subpenthouse.

Okay, back on topic because I really apologize if I'm leading it too far into a discussion of real estate.

As nice as it looks, I'm not happy that the university corridor retains that cement wasteland feel, and while the street level podium blends in with the rest of the avenue, wouldn't it be nice if the uniqueness of the pool section's design, be extended a bit along university?

I'm reminded of the travesty at queen and spadina. Looks nice when lit up and across the street, but when you are walking on that side, it's either faceless, or imposing.

The rest of the Shangri-La tower adds something different to the skyline, which is badly needed. To many nondescript glass towers popping up.

Last edited:

Back