Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

I am longtime UT-er and I know how deceiving renderings can be.

But I do insist that the setbacks and massing are different between the second two renderings.

I still stand by my statement that the third looks the best. Perhaps none of the renderings are really accurate-- but I do hope the third is what it looks most like. Thank you.

You're welcome ?

I definitely agree the third one is the best but the execution in reality I believe would be very similar for both less the height difference.

Thank you.

:p

ps - you only have one month on me buddy! :)

Ok, I just noticed two things right now:

1 In this picture:

trumptorontocs5.jpg

You can see the BA stump at the bottom LMFAO!!

2. The thread title now reads 60ish :p:D

Well, it's an old rendering made before BA was announced and it's before they shortened the building. Did you also notice the buildings that were taken down are still there?

Well, it's an old rendering made before BA was announced and it's before they shortened the building. Did you also notice the buildings that were taken down are still there?

Yes, I know that's an old rendering, and I know why its all there. I was just pointing out that it was interesting how they put it on a (former) promotional poster.

The second one has different facades, with the "stone" from the base section appearing to go up the entire tower or a different shade of glass at least.

I have been told that very little has changed to the design other than the removal of one of the setbacks. The glass is still green. The blue glass appearance in the rendering was explained as reflection from the sky.

Why green glass? :-(
Actually I know, I was told green glass is the cheapest.

i think you will find, actually, that the colour combination makes sense for the area. Scotia is red, BA is blue, Trump will be green, primary colours. If Trump was blue also, the effect would be to basically highlight scotia, and distract from the surroundings, this way the three buildings will appear as individual focal points, as they should.

Good point, but I won't hold my breath.
It really depends how green is green and the reflectivity.

There isn't an excess of green glass in this part of town, so I don't think it's a problem, and I'm sure it will be top quality.

January 20

Trump is now above ground level. From Adelaide looking southwest.:)
3216083494_7c3efd47fa_b.jpg

From Bay Street with the National Club on the right.
3216083510_48c37ff33c_b.jpg

From Bay looking northeast towards BAC.
3216083522_598d5ce947_b.jpg

Looking west towards Bay. Soon this view will be blocked.
3216083536_2b0696a54f_b.jpg

3216083538_3dcc8002c8_b.jpg

I think the location where I was standing to take this photo will be the entrance to the ramp to the above ground parking.
3215244649_d600f87182_b.jpg

This is the area above the turntable.
3215244659_18541d18ab_b.jpg

Is the vehicle entrance off Bay Street? The construction as it is right now looks that way. I would have thought coming off Adelaide would have been much more appropriate.

Hope I am wrong.

Is the vehicle entrance off Bay Street? The construction as it is right now looks that way. I would have thought coming off Adelaide would have been much more appropriate.

It has both. Service/loading entrance off Bay, parking entrance off Adelaide.

Thanks for the Photos Current!

Edit: Yes, what Uncle Teddy said, guess I was too slow replying.

Last edited:
It wasn't really explained ... that material they're using to cover up the ground on the surface, is that common? I don't recall it at other sites. Wouldn't they just pour concrete?

Or is it just temporary until they're ready for that?

Back