News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 601     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

East Bayfront: Parkside/Bayside/Dockside neighbourhoods Overview

Great stuff. I really hope that Pier 27 gets built. That would up the class of the area tremendously.

The Post story and Pam McConnell do hit on something, which is the amazing lack of public knowledge about what's going on. The number of otherwise highly-informed people who are completely ignorant of the Waterfront planning process, and even of the work that *has* already begun, is truly amazing.

That's interesting, I'm familiar with the smell but noise issues never dawned on me. The article raises a good point, do purchasers really know what they're getting into there?

Lets hope that this area will become what Harbourfront could have been before all the bad planning allowing all those glass/precastl boxes by the waters edge,and keep all these Toronto type look-a-like taller buildings north of Lakeshore Blvd/Gardiner Expy.

Last edited:
From the January 2009 Waterfront Toronto Newsletter:

Construction in East Bayfront, which includes the installation of municipal services such as water, hydro, sanitation, storm, gas facilities and district energy infrastructure, is progressing on schedule. These services will accommodate the new amenities being developed on the waterfront, such as the new headquarters for Corus Entertainment and the new George Brown College campus. Construction on TEDCO’s First Waterfront Place, the future home of Corus Entertainment located just east of the foot of Lower Jarvis Street, is on schedule for a 2010 occupancy. Work will be tendered this month for the demolition of the Abel Building and Town and Country Restaurant, and will commence in early spring. Waterfront Toronto’s Board of Directors approved the water’s edge promenade, boardwalk and storm management facility at its December board meeting.

Byebye Chas. Abel? Huh.

And the Town and Country demolition: couldn't that mostly be accomplished by hooking up an engine and hauling it down the tracks?

Back