News   Apr 25, 2024
 70     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

Hazel might have a tougher time if someone actually serious would run against her, though everyone on Missy council isn't exactly a high profile heir apparant, not even Parrish. Thanks to her longetivity, and a soft-touch press, she's become overrated, and I'm tired of hearing about "if only Hazel ran in Toronto" and so on. Though everyone now knows there's only one way she's leaving office.

Its rare for an incumbent mayor to lose, as a great deal of people do not even know who the mayor is. You expect them to know the person running against him/her??? :rolleyes:

People just get familiarized with the current mayor and unless he/she becomes really really unpopular, people will just stick to the same old.

Like how Hazel is in Mississauga. Mayor Fennel in Brampton looks like she has an iron hold on the city for 10 solid years. People just know her, and they keep voting for someone they know.

This is a major problem when it comes to municipal elections. AS there are no parties, incumbency is a major major advantage.

Incubency may be a major advantage in other cities, or in the GTA, but David Miller is certainly out of here in the next Toronto election.

Last edited:
I hope so, he has been terrible and his leftist thinking has been hurting the city outside of downtown.

You need a mayor that thinks about the entire city.

Yeah, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about his being "out of here" next election, particularly when we don't know who'll run against him and what kind of campaign it'll be. Sure, there might be grumbling, but Miller isn't currently in a end-of-the-Trudeau/Mulroney-era situation of obvious universal loathing out there...

Well, I was obviously exaggerating about him being out of here, BUT from what I hear all the time, people are really starting to dislike him. I dont really know. The tower renewal project is a good initiative, but just by naming it "Mayor's Tower Renewal", he seems to want more power. I like how his focus all term has been on improving public spaces and such, but his attitude is really annoying, with pleading for money from the province or the feds. I think this city could really benefit from a mayor who has the same goals as Miller, but maybe has a better way to get there. I mean some of the things coming out of city hall are so pointless.

Personally I welcomed Miller after Lastman. But I can't stand Miller and his flunky Giambrone now. Transfer City is a disaster. That said, I didn't like Pitfield as I think she was a Conservative. Toronto needs a Liberal mayor. A city like Toronto also needs parties. It's time to bring the party system to Toronto. It would make things a lot clearer to the populace.

Toronto needs a pro-subway, liberal mayor. Someone who isn't beholden to the Evil Unions(TM). But seriously, the city of Toronto could be much more efficient. Policing takes up how much of the budget? And what do they do, exactly? Police the streets? Hardly. Maybe I'd have nicer things to say about the police if they weren't so corrupt. But of course our whole society is corrupt, in some way, shape or form.

Ah, if only to be emperor of the universe.

Mayor of Toronto has no clothes.

there's too much politicking in this city and not enough work done that could be considered value for money. I know of at least two councillors who have closed shop from dec 23 to jan 5th! (I expect that's now the norm) what's that all about? really, does a councillor's office have that much work that the whole taxpayer-paid staff needs such a break? I believe a councillor's job is part-time at best and unless you're on a few busy committees what is there to do? (how many of them have their own businesses too?)

we need a mayor who will show leadership and display a work ethic that would be expected from the rest of the team. in truth, who could say that the majority of city staff work hard at their jobs? how often have you noticed incompetence and sloppieness in their work?

the city is not like a business, I don't advocate that model. however, it's nigh time we started to get some better value for the money it is costing us. if my ward can do without the councillor's office nearly two weeks, doesn't that tell us something about a culture that most believe needs changing?

I want a right wing mayor who would ignore the special interest groups and clean up the city,no more back room deals,no more kissing the arsh of the unions.Tough laws,more policing,more crack down on petty crime (broken window aka New York).I tired of the left wing mayor and his posse.:mad:

I want a right wing mayor who would ignore the special interest groups and clean up the city,no more back room deals,no more kissing the arsh of the unions.Tough laws,more policing,more crack down on petty crime (broken window aka New York).I tired of the left wing mayor and his posse.:mad:

You have a problem then as The Toronto Police are the biggest special interest group in the city who get their arse kissed anytime they want.
I'd like to see a mayor with balls who will tackle the outrageously bloated Police budget.

On incumbents, Hamilton is on it's fourth mayor in the past four terms

Morrow > Wade > DiIanni > Eisenberger

Last edited:
You have a problem then as The Toronto Police are the biggest special interest group in the city who get their arse kissed anytime they want.
I'd like to see a mayor with balls who will tackle the outrageously bloated Police budget.

I dont know about that,if Miller goes there wont be any love loss between the Toronto Police and Miller.When Torontonians go to the polls,the police budget will probably be the least of their worries when electing a new mayor.

I hope you know a right-wing mayor will stop all infrastructure spending!!

I don't know the mechanism of the police salary reviews but what I do know is that it would be easy to smarten-up City Hall. that's a 4 year term for some hard-working smart cookie.

why Torontonians put up with that crap, I don't know either.

Back