News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.5K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 325     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 879     0 

City-TV & OMNI-TV's H.Q. (formerly Torch, Quadrangle)

How many of you expressed your concern over the poor design to the city, regarding these buildings?

I DID! I Called Kyle Rae's office and I was told that because I don't live in his riding, I should call my own councillor and complain to them. Pam McConnell's office said I should call back Kyle Rae's office because he was the councillor involved with TLS, not her. And so it goes. Basically, both did not want to discuss it and I got no answers. I even sent an email to David Miller and guess what? I never heard back from him. Three strikes and I guess I was out. Nobody seems to give a crap what constituents think or want.

This project was 10 years in the making and approved years back, complaining to Councillors or Mayor is useless. They can't do anything about it. As ugly as this building is, it has worked out to be quite the addition of attractions, particularly for the suburbanites lost in urbania :D

As far as I'm concerned, plenty of time is waisted when people decide to award false blame to the wrong people, or to willfully confuse issues.

Essentially, the city is the one who dropped the ball on TLS. They have a lot more power than we credit them with and if they were unsatisfied with the projects, which they weren't as we can see, then they could have just as easily refused permits and asked that the project go back to the drawing boards. Why had to settle on this giant waste of energy we call TLS is beyond my comprehension.

The amount of time it was stalled for and the amount of time the city had to make recommendations or request changes was more than enough, but obviously they thought this was good enough. And so it goes, in Toronto, good enough is just that...Good enough!

I cannot back up Automation Gallery's claims nor can I show any evidence beyond what I see for results of incompetence - not to mention disdain for the citizens of the city. I have almost not faith in our city councilors and many people I speak to and/or know feel exactly the same way-

Anyways...

merry christmas everyone...

p5

just checked out the URBACON website and it says that scheduled completion is set for March 2009.

Essentially, the city is the one who dropped the ball on TLS. They have a lot more power than we credit them with and if they were unsatisfied with the projects, which they weren't as we can see, then they could have just as easily refused permits and asked that the project go back to the drawing boards. Why had to settle on this giant waste of energy we call TLS is beyond my comprehension.

I think you are assuming that "the city" viewed the plan as a failure and neglected to do anything about it right from the get-go. That would not appear to be the case. Maybe nothing was done about "it" because the collective governing entity being referred to here as "the city" saw nothing wrong with the project at its inception.

There are some on this board who have an opinion that there is nothing particularly horrific about this project. Their opinion differs from yours. For someone assume that "the city" failed - and to do so solely on the basis that he (AG) dislikes the building - presumes a special status for his opinion - more so when it is then coupled with unproven allegations of criminality as an explanantion.

I cannot back up Automation Gallery's claims nor can I show any evidence beyond what I see for results of incompetence -

There is big difference between an opinion about the form and function of a particular building and suggesting that it is a product of graft and heartless political manoeuvring.

Last edited by a moderator:
They can coat the building in even more cheap shit for all I care providing they bring back late great movies

This project was 10 years in the making and approved years back, complaining to Councillors or Mayor is useless. They can't do anything about it. As ugly as this building is, it has worked out to be quite the addition of attractions, particularly for the suburbanites lost in urbania :D

No, but complaining 10 year ago would have helped, which is why I posed the question.

Suburbanites lost in urbania? Take a pill.

Last edited:
They can coat the building in even more cheap shit for all I care providing they bring back late great movies

Screw late great movies, they're at like midnight no-one will watch that. They should bring back the movies they had almost every day at 9:00, I miss those.

They can coat the building in even more cheap shit

How about bacon grease?
HomerBacon.jpg

How many of you expressed your concern over the poor design to the city, regarding these buildings?

Several years back, there was a UT petition complaining about the hideous and cheap appearance of the building. It was sent to city officials and architecture folks in the media. If I recall correctly, Lisa Rochon was the only one to respond.

Back