News   Mar 28, 2024
 998     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 556     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 848     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

Miller is running again and will be winning again. Then Giambrone will continue Miller's legacy.

God have mercy on our doomed souls...

Considered a run in 2006? He did run! Got 8,078 votes, or 1.4%. Even Enza Anderson managed to get 13,595 votes back in 2000.

Holy fuck that's right. I mean, I actually watch these things and I totally forgot. Hahahahahaha. Too bad people like him don't know how to be ashamed.

I would love to see Peggy Nash give it a shot... but she's too cool with Miller and they are both from High Park.

It would be nice to have a decent mayor race.

It will likely end up being a left vs Moderate/right wing race.

I think any right winger with a tax and law order agenda can do well.

I dislike Ford.

I agree there is a ton of wasteful spending but he goes to far.

It would be nice to have a decent mayor race.

It will likely end up being a left vs Moderate/right wing race.

I think any right winger with a tax and law order agenda can do well.

I really really hope you're right!
When's the last time we've had a "decent" mayor race - it's been forever has it not?

Decent as in the numbers ended up being close!

I think we might see this next time around for Toronto and that will be good news.

I really really hope you're right!
When's the last time we've had a "decent" mayor race - it's been forever has it not?

Decent as in the numbers ended up being close!

It hasn't been "forever", it was a close race the time before last!

And the time before the time before the time before last as well (i.e. the 1997 Lastman/Hall showdown)

those kinds of races are good.

If Miller runs, he would win due to the fact its very rare to see incumbent mayor's defeated. Even if they are defeated its usually a squeaker.

Why is it necessarily rare? I can see him knocked out under a Red Ken vs Boris fatigue-with-the-old scenario...

Its rare for an incumbent mayor to lose, as a great deal of people do not even know who the mayor is. You expect them to know the person running against him/her??? :rolleyes:

People just get familiarized with the current mayor and unless he/she becomes really really unpopular, people will just stick to the same old.

Like how Hazel is in Mississauga. Mayor Fennel in Brampton looks like she has an iron hold on the city for 10 solid years. People just know her, and they keep voting for someone they know.

This is a major problem when it comes to municipal elections. AS there are no parties, incumbency is a major major advantage.

But Fennell defeated an incumbent. And Nancy Diamond was mayor of Oshawa for about as long as Fennell's been in charge of Brampton, and she got knocked out by John Gray. And then there's Oakville's long-serving Ann Mulvale (barely won '03, defeated '06)

Back