News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 400     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 997     1 

Star of Downtown, The (Willowfield/Norstar, 12s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

Just realized a parking lot that needs filling in today; although it provides an easy escape route from the SoD ghetto...;)

DSC00460-1.jpg

I think a condo on this parking lot would be a hard sell. The building seen on the right is the Rosar-Morrison Funeral Home.

Matty,

You need a good lawyer. I am probably going to get into trouble for this with my neighbours but this developer has shown arrogance, incompetence and the worst displays of greed I've encountered.

I noticed this week they are opening a sales office in the retail space for the towns suites. They are counting on you giving up your contracts in what I assume is just another money grab. They can sell them now for higher than you paid. These same Town Homes we were told were sold out, why would they suddenly need a sales office? This same office is taking labour away from the much needed unfinished occupied building we've been living in.

Norstar is horrible to say the least. They simply do not care about the people living in their buildings.

I don't know how current the information I'm giving you is, but there was a Toronto Star reporter that wrote articles in the Condos section who bought into your building and chronicled her purchase. I haven't read anything about it sense but if she still lives there you may want to chat her up and see if she can put pressure on the developer since Im sure negative publicity from the owner/reporter wouldn't be desired.

Took a picture of the render while in the sales office( it seems the town suites are not sold out)...

Good grief! What are the chances of this turning out better than the rendering!

Took a picture of the render while in the sales office( it seems the town suites are not sold out)...

I forgot how odd the towns look. What are they asking for them? When we were buying they told us they were sold out.

I left the Facebook group. The posts over curtains and pidgeon netting show the passive aggressive nature of some of our neighbours. Luckily most are really great people.

I am still trying to get Norstar and Taft to take security issues seriously. A never ending battle. This week they said the inner garage door will be fixed after all these months of being broken. I was told something interesting. Lana (Norstar Rep) said the inner garage door was broken by residents who didn't want to pay for a second FOB and that they have video evidence. I always suspected it was the workers, now I am not sure.

She also said the claim of the break in was false and that a police report was never issued to them for insurance purposes nor was it ever reported to Norstar. I don't know what to believe. I'd like to speak to the unit owner myself and find out.

If a unit has two automobiles they would need two FOBs. For example a unit with roommates each with a car and one renting a space. Like I said I am not sure what to believe anymore.

The scenario of the break in that we were told a couple meetings ago was that it was an inside job using the master key Norstar keeps in the office. It upset many residents at the meeting. Lana told me this week Norstar was not contacted by police or the resident about the matter.

They are doing the roof on the townsuites now, they are just putting the shingles directly on the plywood, no membrane is being used.

I feel sorry for whoever is buying them.

They are doing the roof on the townsuites now, they are just putting the shingles directly on the plywood, no membrane is being used.

I feel sorry for whoever is buying them.

Those are the ugliest buildings I've ever seen in my life. Weren't they advertised as "Victorian"? Horrible.

It's as if a giant baker descending from the sky, took out his bag of icing, and carved out a house shape. Awful. And the colour of the stucco is something else.

The architect/developer should be shot.

Re: Townsuites

Does anyone have a Occupancy date for the Townsuites yet?? I have a unit facing Bleaker and our date for occupancy is Feb 25th. The builder (per contract) cannot extend it any further so knock on wood. The units facing Wellesley are ahead on construction so would be interesting to know the timeline. Looks like they are just starting interior work. My husband and I plan on bringing a home inspector with us to the PDI based on problems described in previous posts.

Does anyone have a Occupancy date for the Townsuites yet?? I have a unit facing Bleaker and our date for occupancy is Feb 25th. The builder (per contract) cannot extend it any further so knock on wood. The units facing Wellesley are ahead on construction so would be interesting to know the timeline. Looks like they are just starting interior work. My husband and I plan on bringing a home inspector with us to the PDI based on problems described in previous posts.

I don't have an answer to your question, but I have a quick question of my own: what were you thinking?

I'd honestly appreciate it if you'd share some insight as to the thought process one goes through when deciding to purchase a unit in a building that looks like this. Was the price just too good to turn down?

Back