Toronto MaRS Centre Phase 2 | 112.77m | 20s | Alexandria | B+H

The issue apparently lies in the fact that they are unable to secure enough short term leases for the new space. The existing space is filled mainly with 30 year leases, and they don't make a ton of money off long-term leases (but they are essential for long term stability). Given the current economic climate, they are having a hell of a time convincing people to sign on for the short term, something that is essential in order for phase II to be completed.

That really really sucks

Last edited:
I'm surprised this isn't get much attention.

So anyway I'll ask, how confident are you that this will happen?

Any idea, how long it'll last. It must be a while to warrant bringing the cranes down?

The issue apparently lies in the fact that they are unable to secure enough short term leases for the new space. The existing space is filled mainly with 30 year leases, and they don't make a ton of money off long-term leases (but they are essential for long term stability). Given the current economic climate, they are having a hell of a time convincing people to sign on for the short term, something that is essential in order for phase II to be completed.

Oh, there are ways...

I'm not sure about this one. No disrespect to the news breakers but this rumor seems a bit suspect to me.

I hope this is just a rumour...I would love to see this project completed soon....especially now when it's on the street level...
It will be such great addition to the intersection.
Does anyone know if workers are on site?

One only has to take a look at ARE chart to understand why the rumour could easily turn into fact.

sc

Does anyone know if workers are on site?

I went by there today and there was activity on the site (a couple of workers, cranes moving...) I didn't look close enough or long enough to find out if they are just taking things down or not, but there are definitely people there.

I was by today too, and it looks suspiciously quiet. The ground floor slab is perfectly clear, with no sign of forming anywhere to be seen

The last time I was there about 2 weeks ago, there were between 40 & 50 workers.
Last Wednesday there were lots of guys (mainly) working on the tower part towards the new(er) TGH. I think the northern section along College Street will only get to grade as the new building is actually set back from the old TGH building.

Back