Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

In your opinion, how likely is it that Aura gets built?

I'd suggest pretty likely, sales have been very strong (800+) and even if there are financing problems (I don't have any inside knowledge of their situation specifically), Canderel would likely just wait things out to return to normalicy in terms of credit availability.

thanks for the plan Johnzz ! great information ~

I like the provision for 'future connection to PATH system' ... however I foresee that it will be a VERY long time before that connection through to Atrium on Bay happens, seeing the Delta Chelsea Hotel and the Elm-Edward block (with the 'Worlds Biggest Bookstore) will have to be redeveloped in order to allow this to happen

Delta Chelsea isn't going anywhere, but there's been talk about renovating the exterior, and they've expressed interest in a PATH connection for a long time now.

Yes, I didn't realise just how big the total retail component was for this building.

What we got here is a "mall" with a condo on top!

the video projection wall could come out as an interesting feature depending on how they implement it.

So, we learn a few things from that plan:

1) No new entrance to College subway station is planned - merely a connection to the subway through College Park.

2) This underground retail level is cut up into tiny tiny little condo stores, like up at Pacific Mall and others in Markham.

3) The connection to College Park is a second phase - at least for the mall - it is shown as 'Proposed Future Development'.

4) The PATH connection to the south aims east toward Ryerson, not west and the Delta Chelsea.

Yeah, those retail spaces look too small for anything meaningful to take hold. I think that plan would most likely result in a crap flea market of a concourse, complete with no-name gateway style newsstand shop with a pop machine and endless stores with ugly $5.99 "imported" (from China) dresses hanging on perpetual clearance racks.

Back