Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

They usually do have people moving into a tower while the top is still under construction. The cranes are usually down by then. I've never seen a crane on top of a building with people moving in before.

They usually do have people moving into a tower while the top is still under construction. The cranes are usually down by then. I've never seen a crane on top of a building with people moving in before.

i guess it's bittersweet for the people who bought units in the lower floors since they get to move in sooner than the guys on top. but that also means they have to pay more occupancy fee for moving in early

But Rosedale isn't across the street from Big Slice, Zanzibar and everest.

^Something that should never be overlooked.

Well, actually one would...

Last edited by a moderator:

ROCP1 still had a crane on top when the first 20 - 30 floors were moving in. It's unusual, but it can happen.

ROCP1 still had a crane on top when the first 20 - 30 floors were moving in. It's unusual, but it can happen.

yup definitely ... this situation was unusual, but at the same time 50+ storeys condos were not the norm in TO before :) ... we now have (potentially) Aura, 1BE, 4Seasons

I think moving people into lower level units will definitely happen while construction is underway on floors higher up ... this building is too big and take too long to complete construction, the builder won't be able to afford holding out occupany for that long ... occupancy fees will certainly bite you here :p

so what is the latest update on the yonge gerrard park? i think i heard something about Canderel investing money into revamping the park. is this not a park that belongs to the municipality?

presale/broker prices vs. public release prices

in regards to the price of the units in Aura, did they ever go up in price after the exclusive VIP presale?

ya they are revamping the park, under section 37 of planning act (bonusing for height) they are putting money towards the park

in regards to the price of the units in Aura, did they ever go up in price after the exclusive VIP presale?

From the previous posts. Definitely. I read someone mention the parking price went up too. Also back in March when they started selling for friends and family someone said prices started at $500/sq ft. When I went in to check in July or August, prices were around $600/sq ft (public sales)

Transportation Services recommends that City Council approve the following actions:
Subject to approval of the Site Plan Agreement and site-specific By-law amendments for the
site to be known as 382-388 Yonge Street:
1. close the sidewalk on the west side of Yonge Street between Gerrard Street West and a
point 69 metres north of Gerrard Street West, from January 2, 2009, to September 30,
2013;
2. during this period, implement “No Stopping Anytime” on the west side of Yonge
Street, between Gerrard Street West and a point 82 metres north of Gerrard Street West;
3. during this period, remove the existing “No Parking Anytime” regulation on the west
side of Yonge Street, between Gerrard Street West and a point 82.0 metres north of
Gerrard Street West;
4. during this period, remove the existing “No Stopping, 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Monday to
Friday except Public Holidays” regulation on the west side of Yonge Street, between
Gerrard Street West and a point 82.0 metres north of Gerrard Street West; and
5. return Yonge Street to its pre-construction traffic and parking regulations when the
project is completed.

Summary
Aura at College Park is building a 75-storey condominium at 382-388 Yonge Street, on the
north-west corner of Yonge Street and Gerrard Street West. For this reason, Transportation
Services must close the sidewalk on the west side of Yonge Street for 57 months.
Transportation Services must also close the north sidewalk and the eastbound and westbound
bicycle lanes on Gerrard Street West for 57 months. This issue is dealt with in a companion
report “Lane and Sidewalk Closure - Gerrard Street West” requiring Toronto and East York
Community Council approval.

1. close the sidewalk on the west side of Yonge Street between Gerrard Street West and a
point 69 metres north of Gerrard Street West, from January 2, 2009, to September 30,
2013;

Yeah baby!!! :D

2013;

....god i hope it doesn't take until 2013 for this project to be completed.

ya they are revamping the park, under section 37 of planning act (bonusing for height) they are putting money towards the park

so does this mean that the cost of renovation of the park comes out of taxpayers' pockets? or does it come out of the residents of college park? does anybody know where the money for maintence of the park comes out of currently?

Back