Mississauga Chicago Condos | ?m | 36s | Daniels | Kirkor

It's consistent with their "Voice of the GTA" marketing, though honestly Mississauga could use some positive press for once instead of always being the poster boy for suburban sprawl and its ills, both real and perceived. It's far from being the worst offender in that department, yet it seems to get the brunt of the criticism.

It's far from being the worst offender in that department, yet it seems to get the brunt of the criticism.
It's always the biggest example that becomes the poster child, no matter how many other worst offenders or other factors exists. McDonalds for our fat kids, Toronto and NYC for how dangerous the big cities are, Mississauga for sprawl, immigrants for stealing jobs at lower wages... the list just goes on and on.

I dunno ... lately all you see is positive news I haven't heard anything negative I don't really think there's been much in a long time. You might be confusing the negativity on this forum.

Somewhat unrelated ...

Why is the star so postive about Missi ... Hume included ... everything is so great there ... all the recent developments have been ataining more urban merits. Then at the same time so negitive to Toronto or no mention of areas such as NYCC trying to achieve the same thing...

Mississauga seems to really be trying and the Square One area is taking shape as something more than just a mall...why not encourage them via some kudos? The media would never mention positive developments in North York because that would be at least tacit acknowledgement that Mel Lastman wasn't the scourge of the earth. Almost everybody loves Hazel, though!

3005399499_c18520e108.jpg

3005399567_6a23c1a452.jpg

3005399523_e394c7f7e6.jpg

3006235116_01c78388b5.jpg

At this point, a condo named "Chicago" ought to have a shiny bean feature on the skyline, and maybe an Obama "Hope" image etched into the facade

update by Jasonzed over at SSC....work continues on Chicago...

mississauga810.jpg

mississauga811.jpg

Kind of OT, and I haven't gone through the entire thread to see if this has been brought up before. But I can't help but think, would there be the day when some new condo projects in, say, SE Asia or South America, or even Europe or the rest of NA, will be named "The Toronto". One can dream...

Back