Toronto Gläs Condos | ?m | 16s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

It definitely will be sandwiched when Charlie goes up. All that glass will offer a great view of your neighbours' units forty feet away.
Two years ago, when I went to the sales office, I noticed that one's south-facing view would be blocked with an eventual development. The salesperson seemed unfazed, and agreed that, yes, it would. Now, what is the sense of having all that 'glass', only to cover it up so as not to expose oneself to a neighbour's prying eyes....? Well, unless one does not mind.

that is the part about GLAS' design which always bothered me ... could have been much better if they tried to orient units east-west or point tower instead

but again ... I guess some people must like being watched in their condo ... cuz this building did sell (not sure how much sold, but for sure enough for Brad Lamb to build it)

Now, what is the sense of having all that 'glass', only to cover it up so as not to expose oneself to a neighbour's prying eyes....? Well, unless one does not mind.
You're right, they should have made it a concrete bunker with no windows :rolleyes:

Now, what is the sense of having all that 'glass', only to cover it up so as not to expose oneself to a neighbour's prying eyes....?

Why, of course, all that glass is there to help the viewing into the neighbour's home.

All that glass IS nice. The problem is with developers putting up buildings in tight spots. The road between Glas and the next lot is really only an alleyway. Hence, the problem.

All that glass IS nice. The problem is with developers putting up buildings in tight spots. The road between Glas and the next lot is really only an alleyway. Hence, the problem.

Those who find this kind of close quarters living to be a problem won't buy these units. Conversely, if you have bought here and are surprised by how close you are to surrounding windows (it shouldn't be a surprise if you done appropriate research before buying), then get the appropriate window treatment to give you more privacy.

Honestly though, there's nothing wrong with putting up buildings in tight spots. People won't buy if they don't want that scene.

In good times, anything sells. In bad times, people become more selective. Trying to sell a unit that exposes you to a neighbour across the street who is always scratching his fat....'CAT' would be a turn-off.

So good times make people stupid? Makes them buy things they wouldn't actually enjoy?

Maybe that is true for some people, but I have no sympathy for them. Caveat emptor at all times. The buyer can turn around and sell to someone who wants a very urban view.

In good times, anything sells. In bad times, people become more selective. Trying to sell a unit that exposes you to a neighbour across the street who is always scratching his fat....'CAT' would be a turn-off.

The attraction of a building like this is location. The fact that two more developments are to go up well within a block suggests that a big view may not be the primary reason for purchasing.

As for the neighbour and his scratching, think of it as urban wildlife. ;)

Although I would like to think of myself as a private person, I rarely cover my windows simply because I paid for the view and I'm going to use it, gosh darn it.

I think I would likely not have my window blinds drawn close in my future condo to enjoy the windows + light too .... but that would be supported by the fact that I chose a unit that faces no other building and high up enough to garentee privacy ... something that I wouldn't do had a urban view of a neighbouring building nearby

First time poster, how riveting, ha.

Anyways, so ...... I'm someone whose window faces the other building. I totally fell in love with the building, the concept and especially my unit's layout (not to mention the location). I hastily convinced my parents to help me purchase it, yadda yadda yadda, and am quite excited to move in. Now it's nothing grand, and it's on the third floor.
Now, though I don't have any doubts, I'm just wondering how little light will seep into the unit once Charlie goes up. Has anyone ever experienced something like this?
(Should mention the obvious that my unit will be facing south ie Charlie).

I'm a student so it's not like I really care about having someone else looking into the unit (plus I'm hoping that by the time Charlie is up, I'll be working overseas). And the lack of light doesn't really affect me either because I'm never really home during the day, except for sundays and that's usually spent watching sports. Plus, it's not like it's a hassle to simply walk out if the lack of light is really bothering me.

Nevertheless, I'm just interested if anyone has ever dealt with anything like this. It seems like it would be somewhat cool and very city like, especially at night when you can see other units' lights on etc...

Plus, after countless delays, they're saying that lower level suckers such as myself will be able to move in at the end of november/early december. Does that seem realistic? I saw fridges being put in last week (though I have no clue what that really means).

p.s. thanks for all the pics being put up, they're totally great, considering I'm rarely in the area due to school and living in oakville whenever I'm back.

Back