Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Larger render in today's Globe and Mail:

6884663.png

The sign at the top of Brookfield Place is the old red Canada Trust one rather than the current green TD Canada Trust sign that's been up for a few years now. I guess 4grand finds it odd they used an old image for the render.

The sign at the top of Brookfield Place is the old red Canada Trust one rather than the current green TD Canada Trust sign that's been up for a few years now. I guess 4grand finds it odd they used an old image for the render.

Yes, that is correct!

I noticed the steel this past weekend as well. Mr. Ed, Alvin and myself were correct on this point. But I guess it was obvious that the podium would be constructed of steel. - Now that the tower portion is up 9 floors, I can only assume it won't be too much longer before we start seeing some cladding going up on this one.

It will be interesting to see how the curved portion up top will be put together.

Stay tuned...

The thing that's going on with the overhang and the big supports strikes me as a bit too ostentatiously butch.

"Whoooa! Look at me! I'm holdin' up the podium, dude!"

They've made quite a bit of progress with the steel. You can already see much of the outline of the proportions of the podium.

Back