News   May 28, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 28, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 553     0 

Front Street Construction by TTC

I can't find the thread but the little plaza near the Royal York "the strip of grass" seems to being worked on as week speak. I walked by and say a bunch of equipment ... maybe work is commencing on that project.

I can't find the thread but the little plaza near the Royal York "the strip of grass" seems to being worked on as week speak. I walked by and say a bunch of equipment ... maybe work is commencing on that project.
That is the micro-park at the junction of Front and University. It is being landscaped through a combination of funding from the City and the Royal York Hotel.

Today the barricades and some TTC equipment are back on Church Street (this time above King) and on Front Street at Berczy Park. I assume they are about to restart the Church Street streetcar track project and will again be welding the long lengths of rail and storing it here. The lengths they welded last year were taken to below the Gardiner just east of Yonge where they remain.
As the TTC are also supposedly replacing the streetcar track on Wellington Street from Church to York this year I suspect they will be welding enough lengths for both projects here.
I also understand that the streetcar track on Parliament (which is in terrible condition) will not be replaced until 2010.

Back