News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 407     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Liberty Village Towers/Bliss (CanAlfa, 24 + 20s, IBI-HB)

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
I live in BP on a lower floor, I hear the trains on the north track, when my patio door is open, but when it is closed its almost sound proof (Monarch used good quality stuff!)

They don't really run at night (maybe one or two), we have a few go trains in the morning and I have seen VIA trains. I couldn't live that close to the "south tracks"

When I cross the bridge going for my run they have the CN and CP trains. almost all go trains heading east use that track. you can't hear the gardner at the townhouses and bp, but when you get close enough you hear it.

there is a cell phone tower that doesn't look like it going to be moved as well( if you look back at "the lake " pictures you can see it)

I hope these buyers get there place, but it is not the greatest location in liberty.

CanAlfa has one building " Liberty on the park" that is a great location in LVTO

There are now 5 trailers on site, porta potties, actual people and new fencing. So it looks like something's happening.

As for the location, the cell tower is going to be moved, Pirandello extended along the western edge of Liberty Towers, a southern road created (remember this was where the Front street extension and local road were supposed to be so there's actually quite a bit of land between the train tracks and the condos) and considering LV is so small, I'm not sure there's a best location although an argument could be made that the farther west you are the closer to the shops, etc.

Personally, and I stress this is just personal taste, I'm completely happy waiting longer for the towers. Not only are they (in model form and on paper at least) heads and tails above BP and the Monarch lot in terms of design aesthetic - I honestly thought BP was unfinished for the first 6 months it was finished because of those horrid green tinted windows and the beigey/salmon coloured pressed concrete, but owners have made a theoretical ton of cash without having to pay a mortgage or interest (in fact they're being PAID 1% interest on their deposit and that's on top of total value appreciation - which is running around 40-50% right now if you bought in 2006).

The availability of credit as well as the conditions/rates for credit when available has tightened significantly - even for the larger players in the development industry. The fiasco discussed in this thread is not isolated and there will be a few more projects that don't get off the ground or experience significant delays due to financing issues.

I don't believe financing was the problem. The delays resulted because CanAlfa applied to change the direction of the bulding, and they tried to merge the construction of both projects in to one.

Do you know for a fact if those cars are owned by developers?

I've seen that Ferrari there a number of times... I'd say it belongs to the developer.

They don't really run at night (maybe one or two), we have a few go trains in the morning and I have seen VIA trains. I couldn't live that close to the "south tracks"

I've lived in units closer to the Gardner and noise is not a problem if the windows are closed. How much more traffic is there on the southern tracks?

August 27

Photo of the trailers and the porta potty.:)
2804166749_5ce411eb97_b.jpg

Back