Toronto Rail Deck District | 227.23m | 70s | Craft Dev Corp | Sweeny &Co

Link for todays call

Thank you for your interest in attending tonight’s Rail Deck Reset Open House on the evolving concepts for Toronto’s Rail Deck Corridor between Bathurst and Blue Jays Way.

The virtual Open House will run from 6:30pm-7:30pm and will update attendees on the current state of the project, upcoming milestones and future plans for engagement.

Join the virtual Open House by clicking here: https://kga-inc.zoom.us/j/85345277794?pwd=WlNNUnQ2aEl0azNxY29WYlhKanR6UT09
Passcode: 908112

Or Telephone:
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
Canada: +1 587 328 1099 or +1 647 374 4685 or +1 647 558 0588 or +1 778 907 2071 or +1 204 272 7920 or +1 438 809 7799
Webinar ID: 853 4527 7794

International numbers available: https://kga-inc.zoom.us/u/ktj4McKT8

The meeting will start at 6:30pm.

Ok, now this makes even less sense...

FMUfj-GX0AEjau3.jpg

I attended the public meeting. It is so great to have a passionate councillor in Joe Cressy. Man was he pissed off tonight! There is no way this development gets built. the City hates it and it will be too expensive to build and will only generate City Place-ish revenues. I predict the air rights will be sold to the City and Ontario will kick in some cash. We will get our park, it will just take a really really really really really long time.

I attended the public meeting. It is so great to have a passionate councillor in Joe Cressy. Man was he pissed off tonight! There is no way this development gets built. the City hates it and it will be too expensive to build and will only generate City Place-ish revenues. I predict the air rights will be sold to the City and Ontario will kick in some cash. We will get our park, it will just take a really really really really really long time.

Worth saying here..........Cressy is only in office til mid-autumn.

Ok, now this makes even less sense...

View attachment 381697
This proposal is even worse than the last one... There is no way the City is going to support it with or without Cressy and pay the close to billion dollars to deck the rail deck and build a park lol! Impossible. I see the Feds, Province and City coming together and building out the Rail deck Park IMO

As illogical as it is, I still can't understand how people would prefer a large void of a rail corridor over more housing with a (albeit poorly designed) privately funded park. This is said when especially considering what $1bn of taxpayer money could do elsewhere in the city. Would we really rather wait 20+ years to *maybe* see a city-built rail deck park?

As illogical as it is, I still can't understand how people would prefer a large void of a rail corridor over more housing with a (albeit poorly designed) privately funded park. This is said when especially considering what $1bn of taxpayer money could do elsewhere in the city. Would we really rather wait 20+ years to *maybe* see a city-built rail deck park?
Personally speaking, I would wait to see a city built rail deck park. Our city deserves it and with the high density that is coming to downtown this rail deck park provides a once in a lifetime opportunity to create something special. Lets make our future generations proud that we did the right thing and didn't take the easy way out.

Posted in the Rail Deck Park thread
Still not sold on the site plan. The development should front Bathurst and Spadina and leave the entire middle portion of the corridor as park. This just looks like the developer took the easy portions to develop and left the rest for the city to figure out.
e2e13ef9-9c29-4caa-a381-dca64576d82d-jpeg.381698

Posted in the Rail Deck Park thread
Mm, not convinced by this - the East Block looks too big, and I'd rather a thinner Central Block connected to the West Block.
They've def proposed building on all of the East Block because it's the easiest bit to do!

My worry would be - we get condos on all these blocks, but no Park at all.

I feel like a good balance here would be putting a mixed use complex over the east block, since it can easily have commercial components on Spadina/Front and a quiet residential lobby on Blue Jays Way. Then, everything else can be made a park, with the possible exception of the space directly above the GO platforms. There's little point designating both sides of Spadina as a single park, it's a busy thoroughfare that most pedestrians won't want to cross.

The current proposal pisses me off. They don't seriously expect the city to fund and build the entire rail deck park, do they? Because "potential contribution" to me reads a lot like "get bent".

Back