Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

May 11 update posted by Jasonzed over at SSC, showing some beginning progress....

HPIM0810.jpg

It's a REALLY deep hole. Weird seeing the streetscape above like that. I feel like this will take forever to reach ground-level.

No. The townhomes are gone. It's being re-designed by Alsop.

You asked where the designs for the previous townhomes were... and they are exactly where I said they were. We still dont know if its actually being re-designed by Alsop. There has been no word on that since it was announced that they were trying to get him to do it.

Reduced Heights?

I can't confirm this and would like to clarify with the builder or planning department, however after reviewing the website and watching the video, it appears and sounds that the first tower will only be 50 storeys and the second tower reduced to 40? If this is the case, I suspect it might be because of weaker than expected actual sales of the buildings.

I too would also like to confirm if Alsop has indeed help to rework in the podium.

Louroz

I can't confirm this and would like to clarify with the builder or planning department, however after reviewing the website and watching the video, it appears and sounds that the first tower will only be 50 storeys and the second tower reduced to 40? If this is the case, I suspect it might be because of weaker than expected actual sales of the buildings.

I too would also like to confirm if Alsop has indeed help to rework in the podium.

Louroz

I think that video is old information.
They've done a horrible job with the websites for this project.

Louroz

Wow I didn't notice that... not good to hear, though 50 stories is still pretty dam tall!

How could they have fewer sales than expected? Didn't they sell out like a year ago?

Back